Senior Manager, Solution Architect (Cloud and Big Data)
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Type of job: Permanent
Date published: 23-Sep-2019
Domain: Engineering & Technology
Job ID: 58173 Share
As a Senior Manager, Solution Architect (Cloud/Big Data) you will collaborate within a team of technologists to produce enterprise scale solutions for our clients needs. You will be tasked to lead the design, planning and implementation of cloud/big data solutions, to help Publicis Sapient continue to position ourselves as disruptors and contributors to this ever-changing digital landscape.
- Deliver quality work on defined tasks with little oversight and direction
- Ensure all deliverables are of high quality throughout the project by adhering to coding standards and best practices and participating in code reviews
- Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers
- Serve as an architect and provide guidance during software development life cycle to solve business issues through the process of identifying and analyzing detailed requirements that translate into data integration and database system designs in the cloud
- Solve business issues through the process of identifying and analyzing detailed requirements that translate business requirements into technical system designs
- Use information gained through prior experience, knowledge sharing with other Technology Associates, education and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers
- Provide status updates to team members on a regular basis and clearly escalate issues and risks to project management as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years in a data engineering role with demonstrable experience with data integration and data warehouse projects
- Experience in column oriented database technologies (i.e. Big Query, Redshift, Vertica, etc.) and traditional database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience in data integration projects and automation via ETL Tools (i.e. Talend, Informatica, SSIS, etc.)
- Experience in data integration automation via Google DataFlow, Apache Beam, Spark, AWS EMR, etc. a huge plus
- Experience architecting solutions in the cloud. Must have deep knowledge in data technologies in at least one cloud environment (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud)- Azure is preferred
- Experience with ML and/or AI services (i.e. Spark, AWS ML, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling, warehouse design, and fact/dimension concepts.
- Experience architecting and building data marts, warehouses, etc.
- Experience working with different query languages (i.e. PL-SQL, T-SQL)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/professional experience is required
- Understanding of development and project methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams with other specialized individuals
- Able to work in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness enables us to accelerate our clients businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe. For more information, visit publicissapient.com. As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200. Default Apply
© 2019 Publicis Sapient. All Rights Reserved.