Senior Associate, Financial,Due Diligence
Senior Associate, Financial Due Diligence
Requisition #: 53156
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Houston, TX
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate in Financial Due Diligence for our practice.
- Participate in buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements, providing financial and commercial due diligence assistance, and accounting advisory services including IPO assistance, carve-outs, restructuring and similar services to Fortune 1000 companies, private equity investors, and asset based lenders
- Interface with senior executives of clients and target companies
- Analyze and synthesize target company data to identify historical and projected financial and operating trends, quality of earnings and working capital considerations, and potential liabilities and risks which impact valuation and negotiation of the target company
- Create and design tailored transaction advisory reports specific to key issues such as normalized earnings, valuation model input assumptions, achievability of management's budget, indebtedness considerations, borrowing base calculations, and/or business combinations and carve-out financial statements
- A minimum of three years experience in one of the following with a Top Ten public accounting firm: accounting, advisory, financial audit, or transaction experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university or CPA eligible; licensed CPA/equivalent certification is preferred
- Strong current knowledge in one of the following: United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Securities and Exchange Commission financial reporting issues, International Financial Reporting Standards , mergers and acquisitions, or transaction services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.