Property Tax Analyst
Analyst, Property Tax Job ID 19001932 Houston, Texas
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Property Tax practice assists clients in identifying tax saving opportunities by reviewing their tangible property portfolio and associated property tax assessments and liabilities.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our Property Tax Analysts focus on real estate and personal property tax consulting services including review and tracking of assessment notices, preliminary valuation and analysis, analyzing asset data and preparing renditions, communicating with clients and taxing authorities and monitoring administrative projects.
- Effectively communicating with team, clients, assessors and taxing authorities
- Managing high volume property appeal portfolio
- Reviewing and processing renditions, assessment notices and tax bills
- Securing and auditing tax statements (assessment notices, tax bills, etc.)
- Learning, understanding and applying assessment rules and regulations and appeals processes in multiple jurisdictions
- Learning, understanding and applying valuation techniques including the three approaches to value in real estate appraisal
- Participating in training sessions and educational opportunities to learn about industry trends, valuation techniques, and assessment procedures
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration or other related field from an accredited university or college
- TDLR License Required
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- A critical thinker with great attention to detail
- Computer proficiency and ability to maximize applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and other industry specific applications
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Ability to work effectively with senior professionals in an engagement team
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed on an occasional project specific/ seasonal basis
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.