Private Client Service Supervisor
50802 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
RSM is looking for a dynamic Tax Supervisor to join our tax practice. We provide an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to strategic tax planning and compliance, deal structure consultations, business advisory services and Family Wealth Services.
As a Tax Supervisor, you will use your expertise in taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to corporations, and partnerships or in Private Client Services (Personal and Trust taxation and Estate/Gift taxation). You will also help lead, identify and seize new business opportunities, supervise staff and work closely with the partners.
Candidates must be familiar with the tax consulting process and possess the analytical skills necessary for the effective diagnosis, development and implementation of solutions to clients' tax needs. With RSM, you'll have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative approaches to resolve client issues.
Position responsibilities include:
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of private client tax services, including planning, research, compliance, wealth transfer tax planning and charitable planning
- Assist with new business development, extended service and tax issue recognition for existing clients
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members
- Manage client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships
- Keep up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Provide industry knowledge and experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Masters in Tax or other business related field desirable, but not required
- CPA certification
- 4 or more years of experience working as a Tax leader in public accounting or financial services industries
- Four or more years of experience in private client services or business taxation with a desire to grow skills in the private client arena
- Experience working for a Big 4 or large national, regional or local accounting firm
- Experience within the Oil & Gas or Financial Services industry would be a plus
- Proficient in income tax return compliance
- Proficient in Partnership Taxation or S Corporation Taxation
- Working knowledge of State & Local income (SALT)/Franchise tax for multi-state filers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req13375 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Tax Services Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
PCS Business Owners Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req13375 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Houston, TX US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
Central Region Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Tax Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
No ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing