Manager, Change Management
Manager, Change Management
Requisition #: 47488
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Houston, TX
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager in Human Resource & Talent Management for our practice.
- Manage multiple client service delivery teams in the active execution of engagements focusing in compliance with firm and practice unit service delivery standards
- Utilize technical and industry knowledge in the areas of organizational development, change management and learning and development to identify complex client issues
- Manage and provide leadership to teams of staff level professionals and support project management of People & Change work stream
- Build long-term business relationships with key executives through engagement delivery, networking in professional organizations and across the KPMG service lines
- Participate in business development by identifying new opportunities and managing proposal response in the areas of behavioral change management, talent management, organizational development and learning and development
- Actively engage in the development and evolution of People & Change's methodologies and intellectual capital including contributing to articles, whitepapers, and firm/industry training efforts
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience related to change management, organizational development, or human resource consulting, with two years of experience in advisory services within a major consulting firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university required; Advanced degree in I/O Psychology, Organizational Development or MBA preferred
- Experience designing and leading initiatives business transformation projects based on a deep understanding of business processes, project management methodologies, and leading practices in organizational development, learning & development, evaluation and change management
- Experience managing a portfolio of activities within a project or team; previous experience in setting priorities and balancing competing deadlines desired
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead conversations and create stakeholder engagement with clients and colleagues across an organizational hierarchy as well as a willingness to travel eighty to one hundred percent of the time
- Experience mentoring or managing employees including annual goal-setting, performance review and discussing career opportunities
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.