3648 TX - Houston Job Title Assistant Community Manager Job ID 27237224 Location Houston, TX Other Location Description
Founded in 1986, Asset is a Houston-based privately held fully integrated real estate operating and investment company specializing in multifamily and student housing. Our people truly are the most valued part of our company, and as such we acknowledge and reward those who consistently show initiative and add value. As we grow, positions continually open for all career levels. We look to hire experienced student housing professionals who are capable of making immediate impact in the organization. Ultimately, professionals join our organization because of our reputation, culture and growth. As a fifth year recipient of the prestigious Inc. 500/5000 fastest growing companies award, we provide unparalleled opportunities for career progression.
Assistant Community Manager
The Assistant Community Manager is responsible for overseeing, under the supervision of the Community Manager, the everyday operations and financial functions of the community. As the Assistant Community Manager you will play a key role in the delinquency and collection of rent to optimize the properties cash flow and financial position. As an Assistant Community Manager you will manage all phases of the operations, including personnel, leasing, maintenance, financial, administration & risk management in absence of Community Manager. As an onsite leader you will supervise all aspects of the property and staff to ensure compliance with Asset Plus Companies policies and procedures, safety and fair housing guidelines and liability concerns.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for posting all payments and income received from all applicants, current residents and non-current residents accurately, timely and efficiently
- Responsible for processing and reconciling daily all account receivables
- Monitor and follow up on bad debt to include preparation of late notices, resident and guarantor contact and filing evictions
- Responsible for helping property meet budgeted revenues, expenses and Net Operating Income.
- Responsible for posting of all charges to resident and non-current resident accounts; to also include bill back of utilities where applicable
- Responsible for all end of the month closing procedures and reporting
- Maintain accurate and organized records; auditing resident files to ensure accurate records
- Responsible for walking units and posting all move-out charges, statements and security deposit refunds
- Use consistent techniques & company directives to screen, hire, train, coach and develop on-site staff
- Ensure effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, coaching, counseling, and guidance in compliance with Asset Plus training benchmarks
- Promote harmony and quality job performance of staff through support and effective leadership
- Ensure staff compliance and consistency with Company policies and procedures
Strategic Leasing Management
- Ensure staff leasing techniques are effective in obtaining closure, follow up procedures met, signing/documentation of leases and reporting systems are accurate and up to date
- Implement marketing strategies & systems put in place by annual marketing plan
- Deal with resident complaints, concerns, and requests to ensure resident satisfaction
- Develop and implement resident retention programs (i.e. resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletter, etc.)
- Effectively show, lease and move in prospective residents
- Manage excellent customer service and monitor service request turnaround and responsiveness of maintenance staff
- Maintain property appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis (this requires regular property inspections and tours)
- Assist with supervision of all business functions related to operations
- Plan for and utilize property resources, equipment and supplies economically (i.e. obtaining bids/pricing from vendors, suppliers and contractors, dealing with inadequate service, etc.)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2 years’ experience in student housing industry; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to understand and perform all on-site software functions; basic computer skills required.
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and OSHA requirements.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.