Corporate Communications Manager Legal Solutions Corporate Communications Manager – Legal Solutions USA-TX-Houston-Post Oak Blvd/en-US/External/job/USA-TX-Houston-Post-Oak-Blvd/Corporate-Communications-Manager---Legal-Solutions_R0010540-1/apply
Under the direction of the GRC Global Corporate Communications Director, and in partnership with the General Managers and marketing leaders of GRC’s legal businesses, the Corporate Communications Manager proactively defines and implements external communications strategies and tactics to drive market awareness and recognition of GRC’s legal business offerings and thought leadership. GRC’s legal solutions business include CT Corporation and ELM Solutions.
This Corporate Communications Manager acts as spokesperson to promote and protect the company’s reputation and is responsible for effectively driving awareness of GRC’s legal businesses to the market, increasing favorable stakeholder understanding of the legal solutions brands, products and services. This is driven largely through the promotion of GRC’s thought leadership/PR and its expert-driven solutions with relevant media and analyst groups, focused on serving the business and compliance needs of legal professionals.
The person in this role can be located in one of our office locations or can be remote.
- Develop comprehensive external communications plans and execute activities that will support GRC’s Legal Solutions business priorities; apply knowledge of external trends and industry shifts that affect the businesses to ensure effective strategies. Leverage GRC and business unit proprietary data, knowledge and insights for stories where possible
- Define desired outcomes of external communications initiatives, including quantitative and qualitative measures; execute a regular cadence of reporting to the businesses and other GRC/WK leaders
- Design, write, produce, and distribute externally-focused communications materials to include: expert / executive bios, press releases, stand-by statements, news alerts, media briefings to executives, targeted emails to editors/reporters, FAQs, blog posts, bylined articles, and Annual Report material that relates to the business units; collaborate with business unit marketing to ensure alignment with marketing messaging and initiatives
- Develop executive talking points, remarks/speeches and video scripts intended for external audiences / high profile external events; support the development of website content, social media posts
- Collaborate with WK Corporate Communications to identify and execute opportunities to showcase GRC Legal Solutions businesses as appropriate, in support of WK corporate brand awareness and thought leadership objectives
- With other GRC communications and marketing colleagues, participate in the creation of GRC overview presentations for external use, along with other collateral and materials
Media/External Influencer Relationships and Monitoring:
- Serve as media contact/spokesperson for any inbound inquiries; manage interviews and coordinate between experts and journalists, also working proactively to generate visibility
- Nurture strategic partnerships with key media outlets globally – this includes industry publications, trade organizations, regulators, journalists, industry analysts, bloggers and other influencers. Pitch stories to key publications with a planned and regular cadence. Set up meetings with executive SMEs, and support development of industry / analyst presentations – as required by business unit-level plans and objectives
- Partner with marketing to ensure presence at industry events - research and flag critical events, and speaking opportunities for executives SMEs; generate news announcements and obtain meetings with on-site media, analysts and influencers
- Manage industry award pitching, ensuring high levels of recognition for the business lines
- Identify relevant Vendor Profiles, Market Guides, and Magic Quadrants, Waves, and other industry and analyst reports and rankings that support strategic priorities; work to positively position GRC’s businesses and solutions and earn favorable placements in each
- Build and maintain press lists and contact database
- Monitor media and notify internal stakeholders of time-sensitive issues, events or coverage
- Identify and ensure participation and visibility in relevant forums (awards, rankings, associations, etc.) in close collaboration with GRC business unit marketing. Compile and submit award nominations
- Anticipate important industry trends along with potential issues and implement appropriate actions to both promote and protect the company and its reputation; mitigate any negative news
External Communications Process Management:
- Ensure effective and efficient distribution of content through the media, company website and social media channels
- Create strong relationships with internal stakeholders to maintain a steady, cohesive stream of external communications content
- Conduct media training for spokespeople
- Ensure that any external agency partners are providing consistent, effective messaging
- Bachelor’s degree required in journalism or communications or a related discipline (or the equivalent)
- Advanced degree/specialized communications or PR training highly desirable
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in public relations, media, publishing, journalism or equivalent
- Existing strong relationships with a broad range of press outlets, key reporters, bloggers/influencers/analysts in the legal industry
- Experience and deep understanding in communicating across varied platforms and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic external communications plans
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- In-house corporate communications experience
- Self-directed and motivated, with a strong work ethic and high integrity; exceptional judgement
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills and a proactive personality who can work well with all levels of management and staff and build productive working relationships
- Superior written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Excellent planning and project management capabilities
- Ability to handle a variety of situations and personalities diplomatically
- Ability to grasp complex business environment issues and handle time sensitive and sometimes stressful situations
Occasional travel (primarily domestic US, some international). Approximately 10-15%.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR0010540
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.
Corporate Communications Manager Legal Solutions