Claims Adjuster - Personal Lines
Job Description Our claims adjusters (Claims Service Representatives) are essential in delivery of our Claims value proposition to our valued customers and partners. Claim service representatives will perform a full range of claims support activities, including interactions with customers over the phone and in writing, support with claim investigations/fact development, documentation of claim files, completion of claim file activities, input of data in claim systems, retrieving and reviewing insurance contract language, and calculating/recommending loss settlements. The position requires consistent delivery of an exceptional customer experience to clients, customers, and business partners. Adhering to Claims Department Standards while maintaining an appropriate volume of work product is also required.
- College degree or high school diploma with equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of Claims experience
- Ability to function independently as well as in an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- College degree in Engineering or Business with completion of insurance course work
- Previous work experience in property claims operations
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
- Adjusters license as required by state
- Experience in a customer facing role
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The work environment characteristics, and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Hartford Steam Boiler
United States of America