Associate, Major Projects Advisory
Requisition #: 46425
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Houston, TX
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate in Major Projects Advisory for our KPMG Deal Advisory practice.
- Assist with construction contract audits, compliance reviews, and project oversight and monitoring functions for large capital projects
- Define and implement recommendations including construction management policies and procedures, processes, internal controls, roles and responsibilities, reporting, and supporting information technology
- Conduct project reviews to evaluate percentage of completion, probability of recovery for change orders and claims, reasonableness of the estimate to complete construction, schedule delays, defective specifications, and loss of productivity
- Work with engagement teams to perform field work, including data collection, analysis, and work paper documentation; prepare, edit, and proofread narrative reports and presentations of observations and recommendations
- Work closely, but independently, under the guidance of Directors and Partners
- A minimum of one year of experience in construction management and/or construction advisory services with increasing roles and responsibilities in major power and utilities, oil and gas, infrastructure, manufacturing, healthcare, or public sector projects
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Science, Construction Management, Accounting, or a related field from an accredited college/university; P.E, PMI, CCM, CPA, AIA, or other professional certification is preferred
- Knowledge in various phases of construction including planning and work breakdown structures, pre-construction services, sourcing and procurement of contracts, contract administration, scheduling, cost estimating, quality management, project reporting, and project closeout
- Experience using various project management tools like Primavera Enterprise©, Prolog©, Maximo© and other toolsets
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation, records retention and work paper organizational skills
- Travel may be up to eighty to one hundred percent
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.