Senior Software Engineer
Job Description: This is a software engineer role for Customer and Account Management in Fidelity Brokerage Technology (FBT). You will be responsible for developing RESTful Web Services (APIs) using Java and User Interface using Angular for new initiatives. You will also aid in development using the latest technologies and standard methodologies in Industry.
The Expertise You Have
The Skills You Bring
- 5 - 7 years of proven experience in designing, development and implementation of distributed applications using Java and related technologies
- 2+ years of financial services experience, preferably in Institutional Brokerage and Customer Account Management areas
- Bachelors/Masters in Engineering
- Industry certifications in Java and Cloud technologies are preferable
- You should possess strong hands-on designing and development with the technology stack including Java, Spring, RestAPI, and Oracle
- Experience on MicroServices, Domain Driven Design, Spring Boot, API design is highly desirable
- Experience on crafting DevOps pipeline and CI/CD tools like Maven, Jenkins is highly desirable
- Experience in building cloud native applications (meeting 12 factors), and container technologies is highly desirable
- Experience in web development using Angular 2+ is nice to have
- Experience in mainframe development is nice to have
The Value You Deliver
- Excellent communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to anticipate roadblocks, diagnose problems and generate effective solutions
- Clear and results-oriented problem solver, with excellent collaboration and communications skills
- Interacts effectively with peers to resolve issues
- Optimally deals with ambiguity
- Self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Prepares for and adjusts to changes in operating environment
- Promotes positive and professional work environment
Certifications: Company Overview
- Developing high-level and low-level design which compliant to architecture and design standards defined by FBT
- Designing and Building cloud native applications complying to 12 factors and API's which is being deployed to cloud and exposed to external business partners
- Should have strong urge for engineering and delivery perfection. Setting up the DevOps pipeline, publishing working guidelines for engineering and quality practices like TDD and ATDD, and driving the implementation of the same
- Driving work on an highly agile way, by delivering working software to production frequently with the best in quality
- Collaborating with other technology partners and providing estimates for the business requirements
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com , or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.