Director of Accounting
Returning Candidate? Director of Accounting Policy and Projects Job Locations US-TX-Fort Worth | US-IA-Des Moines | US-CA-Rancho Cucamonga
Req No. 2021-7247
We are seeking a talented Director of Accounting Policy and Projects to provide technical accounting guidance, implement new accounting standards, determine the accounting impact of significant transactions and lead various accounting projects. This role also assists the operational accounting group with project accounting (CapEx vs OpEx accounting implications for large IT/product initiatives). This role is an integral part of the Accounting leadership team and works closely with other functional groups at all levels of the organization. This is a highly visible role with routine interactions with department and Executive leadership.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Performs technical research and implementation of new accounting standards, including ASC 842, ASC 326.
- Collaborates with legal and procurement to determine accounting implications of vendor and client contracts.
- Partners with legal and finance to determine accounting implications of M&A activities.
- Educates teams relating to technical accounting guidance and operationalizing technical concepts.
- Provides guidance to various teams and resolves project accounting queries, including CapEx vs OpEx decisions.
- Assists in documenting accounting processes and controls.
- Participates in new financial system implementation.
- Leads various projects impacting the accounting department related to systems and processes.
- Conducts periodic impairment reviews related to the annual audit or triggering events.
- Supports R&D tax credit analysis.
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting plus 8-10 years of progressively responsible related experience, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Experience with various processes and controls.
- Public accounting experience (minimum 3 years).
- Possesses advanced knowledge of US GAAP, in particular internally developed software for internal/external use, software-as-a-service.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills, and a strong track record of working effectively across functions.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, pays attention to detail/accuracy, and has the ability to sift through large amounts of data while staying focused on key business drivers.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction.
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills.
- Experience managing people through change.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Software Powered by iCIMS