Job Description: Position Description
• Designs and implements serverless architecture.
• Automates software design and deployment pipelines according to Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (Cl/CD) methodologies.
• Designs, develops, and modifies complex and major software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
• Develops and directs software system testing and validation procedures, and programming and documentation.
• Provides business unit-wide solutions by developing complex, multifaceted software applications.
• Researches and recommends new technologies in support of the strategic direction of the business unit.
• Translates and incorporates business vision and objectives to architectural strategy recommendations at a functional level.
• Identifies and consults with internal and external technical resources to produce cross-company strategic designs.
• Consults on the development and delivery of major technology initiatives for the business unit.
• Consults on the deployment of major project deliverables and the documentation of major technology applications.
• Oversees the technical implementation of cross-divisional or company architectural components.
• Initiates and drives project or strategy discussions with users or external groups to resolve issues.
• Plans and leads organization-wide initiatives.
• Provides leadership, technical supervision, and expertise to multiple teams in broad technical areas on complex organization-wide projects.
• Advises senior management on technical strategy.
• Provides guidance, training, and coaching to team members for performance and career development. Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Applied Computer Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and six (6) years of experience in the job offered or six (6) years of experience developing Business Process Management (BPM) workflow Web applications.
Or, alternatively, Master's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Applied Computer Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and four (4) years of experience in the job offered or four (4) years of experience developing Business Process Management (BPM) workflow Web applications. Skills and Knowledge
Candidate must also possess:
- Demonstrated Expertise ("DE") designing, architecting, and implementing highly scalable, enterprise-level, resilient architectures using Cloud platforms - Amazon Web Services (AWS); building and implementing Web applications using AWS services - AWS EC2, S3, Lambda, Cloud Formation, DynamoDB, and CloudWatch; and building a feedback loop to deliver operational intelligence paradigms, using Sumo Logic and Data Dog.
- DE building Web applications and micro-service-based architecture using programming languages - Angular, Node.JS, Java, Web services (SOAP and REST), and PL/SQL; and performing source control, using Git according to Agile and Waterfall development methodologies, and Domain-driven design (DDD).
- DE designing, prototyping, and implementing complex, highly scalable Continuous Delivery (CD) solutions and pipelines to enable enterprise Agile application teams to roll out application features in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment, using Jenkins, UDeploy, Blue/Green Deployment, and CloudFormation.
- DE resolving production incidents; and providing troubleshooting support - identifying the root cause of customer reported bugs - to customer support engineers.
#PE1M2 Certifications: Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com , or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.