- El Paso, TX, USA El Paso TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
The Senior Accountant performs various duties to support the accounting goals of timeliness and accuracy including review of journal entries, and monthly financial/external reporting. The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring proper accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and reviewing financial reporting packages to meet internal and external requirements as applicable. As the Senior Accountant, you are a member of the accounting team, and you are accountable for meeting the deadlines set by your manager, in-order for your team to meet internal and external reporting commitments to owners, partners, and lenders.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements with referenced work papers.
- Prepare financial statement footnotes and supporting schedules.
- Research and document GAAP accounting policies including writing memos to support accounting treatment for unique transactions.
- Prepare analysis of account balances and variance explanations.
- Prepare or review complex journal entries and participate and/or coordinate month end closings.
- Assist with external auditor requests.
- Coordinate information requests from other internal teams.
- Evaluate implications of legal documents as they pertain to accounting.
- Assist in preparation of compliance reporting.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Serve as backup for department tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA required.
- Four+ years' combination experience of audit and corporate financial accounting and reporting required.
- Must be able to work within specified deadlines.
- Ability to identify problems, collect and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to multitask and work as part of a team to meet team goals in addition to individual responsibilities.
- Analytical and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Experience researching GAAP accounting policies.
- Experience with JD Edwards- Enterprise One and/or other large ERP systems preferred.
- Experience with Hubble Reports Now or other financial report-building programs preferred
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications. Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel is required.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend legal documents.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Requires a detail oriented, independent thinker who can be a part of a team and demonstrates strong attention to detail and knowledge of accounting practices and procedures in a complex environment. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.