Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs is seeking an experienced Senior Windows engineer to be part of the Windows Engineering team. Candidate should possess at least 8-10+ years of professional experience with Windows operating systems with large geographically dispersed systems and end users. PowerShell scripting and a strong understanding of Windows patch management including WSUS, SCCM and other Windows Technologies.. Candidate must be able to assess impact of vulnerabilities \ patches, clearly articulate risks to stake holders and develop opportunities for risk mitigation and greater transparency.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The qualified candidate will help ensure the cyber security of Windows systems that are used by every single person in the firm. The projects and programs that they drive positively impact board level metrics.
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL?
- Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers
- Review vulnerabilities as identified by the risk team on a regular basis
- Develop comprehensive cross team patch testing program
- Engineer and manage firm participation in the Microsoft SUVP program
- Liase and coordinate team response with internal \ external Risk teams \ Auditors \ Regulators on all patch related topics
- Engineer next generation patch delivery solution
- Enable greater self service capabilities in the Patch programs
- Increase overall user experience
- Develop program for increasing patch compliance
- Deep understanding of Windows OS internals and platform engineering experience
- Deep experience with industry standard patch deployment methodologies and vulnerabilities ratings and scale.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interface independently and directly with internal and external entities, senior leadership, and Risk and regulatory bodies.
- Extensive experience managing large cross team programs.
- Strong analytical mindset
- Extensive experience in automation, anomaly detection and predictive analysis
- Extensive experience with WSUS, SCCM and other Windows security patching technologies
- Powershell scripting experience to help automate the patch management process
- Experience and awareness of industry best practices for security vulnerability remediation