Vice President or Executive Director, Relationship Executive/ Portfolio Manager, Corporate Client Banking, Financial Institutions Group (General FIG Coverage)
Vice President or Executive Director, Relationship Manager/ Portfolio Manager, Corporate Client Banking Financial Institutions Group (General FIG Coverage) Description:
The position is a corporate banking Relationship Management role in the Corporate Client Banking Financial Institutions industry group, with a heavy emphasis on client connectivity, business development and market leadership. The primary functions are to 1) generate new business opportunities, 2) manage existing relationships, and 3) represent our Financial Institutions banking practice covering FIG clients across the United States.
The Financial Institutions Group is part of Corporate Client Banking within the Commercial Bank and is looking for talented banker to join a dedicated financial institutions team, serving in a largely inside sales role to maintain core accounts as well as prospect new relationships across specialty finance, banks, insurance and mortgage finance. The banker will have responsibility for all aspects of the client engagement ranging from treasury sales, credit, and KYC within the support framework of the broader FIG infrastructure. Key attributes of a successful candidate will include client management, confidence in executing through phone/web based delivery, ability to work in team first culture, familiarity with treasury services products and systems, and ultimately ability to convert prospects. Position preferably located in in our Midwest, South or Mid Atlantic Regions.
- Manage complex, multi-product client relationships as the primary financial institutions representative.
- Coordinate the sales and service efforts of multiple internal business partners·
- Proactively market clients and prospects working closely with broader FIG bankers, TMO's and Service partners; and develop a network of referral sources
- Identify, pursue and close sales opportunities for a broad range of financial products and services, including corporate finance opportunities
- Initiate and maintain strategic dialogue with key clients and prospects compliance, BSA/AML teams and other key personnel to effectively manage the ongoing coverage KYC aspects
- Strictly comply with all regulatory and JMPC rules, policies, and procedures
· Knowledge and experience in the Financial Institutions corporate banking orinvestment banking sector
· Strong leadership and coordination abilities across businesses
- Demonstrated success in financialservices sales and business development
· Solid credit, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communications abilities
· Knowledge of credit, corporate finance, treasury, investment banking, and otherbanking products; preferably with execution experience
· Self-motivated, dependable and intelligent
· Candidate must be a top individual contributor, with a strong performance trackrecord
· Completion of a recognized bank training program or investment bankingtraining program
· Possess (or obtain within three months of hire) FINRA Series 79 and 63securities licenses
· Limited travel required