Technical Vendor Manager
As a Technical Vendor Manager within IT, you will be responsible for managing the onboarding and ongoing relationships with our third-party infrastructure providers. You will work collaboratively with external vendors and internal cross-functional teams (IT functional groups, Security, Procurement, Finance, Legal, Product Development). You will participate in contract development and negotiation. You will establish and measure KPIs for key suppliers, support outage RCA and remediation processes, and execute dispute resolution as needed. You are ambitious, talented, and driven to make the teams and relationships successful. Key Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain portfolio of third-party infrastructure suppliers, identifying key strategic partners
• Classify, rationalize and optimize portfolio, and concentrate efforts on managing the most strategic vendors.
• Establish internal standards and processes for working with vendors, ensure vendor spend is well managed, and maintain the process to renew agreements in alignment to the IT Plan.
• Collaborate with operational stakeholders to create service level agreements and define the service level metrics to evaluate the performance of third-party infrastructure providers
• Establish and drive ongoing performance measurement and review structure, including QBRs.
• Ensure all IT agreements meet internal requirements as required (GDPR, Security, BC/DR etc.)
• Support revision of contract terms/conditions as necessary for changing business or regulatory needs
• Monitor vendor performance, perform appropriate due diligence, and manage the on-going business relationship with vendors including any change controls as required - contract extensions, scope changes, reporting, regulatory requirements, etc.
• Perform periodic audits of invoices to ensure vendor is charging negotiated contract prices, assist in invoice reconciliation issues
• Support issue and dispute resolution processes
• Support procurement team in conducting bench-marking efforts in order to validate the competitiveness of key vendor agreements.
• Develop collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders in Infrastructure, Procurement, InfoSec, Legal, Internal Audit, and others as required to support vendor onboarding, risk assessment, and ongoing management and reporting
• Establish a valued partnership across all departments and functions to create continuous feedback and ensure vendors are meeting needs, obligations, and performance and service metrics.
• Work with internal IT teams and vendors to identify/implement process improvement and cost reduction initiatives
• Produce KPI reporting to monitor vendor and internal team performance
• Support company-wide technology rationalization initiatives and associated cost saving targets Skills
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Strong project and process management skills with the ability to handle multiple vendors and multiple contracts as well as a wide range of tasks
● Collaborative team player - Should be able to establish solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Able to think strategically and operationally/tactically
● Able to work effectively as part of a global team
● Working knowledge of IT infrastructure
● Strong sense of ownership, urgency, intellectual curiosity, willingness to learn and improve
● Able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.