S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence
by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work. The Role:
We are seeking an experienced Technical Support Analyst for the WSO application suite. The candidate will work on the WSO Upgrades team, managing multi-tier enterprise-level application upgrades and discovery projects for external clients. This dynamic role provides an excellent opportunity to build a stable career working and supporting highly scalable, multi-tier applications and learning industry-leading financial solutions. Duties & Responsibilities:
Business Competencies/Education and Experience:
- Act as the first line of support for all issues relating to the application and technical/support queries.
- The areas covered by this role include incident support, problem analysis, technical analysis, and managing SQL databases.
- Investigate, diagnose problems, and resolve issues. Identify potential solutions for further working with other internal teams.
- Ensure timely resolution of all assigned issues and provide regular updates.
- Work with colleagues and external partners for issues requiring escalation and manage the case through resolution.
- Take an active role in developing and improving the product by providing feedback to product teams and improving internal processes.
- Guide and assist with User Acceptance Testing as required.
- University Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in issue troubleshooting, support, or similar role
- Exposure to software development & project management
- Experience with Wall Street Office Product Suite - preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience in issue troubleshooting
- Working experience in a customer-facing role
- Comfortable managing change to Production/Business Critical applications in high-availability environments.
- Experience working within a product/application support team
- Knowledge of financial markets or financial feeds would be advantageous
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Able to tolerate a highly stressful environment
Grade Level: 9
The Location: Dallas, TX or can be virtual US hours Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $49,400 to $98,200. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographic location, as well as experience level, skill set, training, licenses and certifications.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
BSMGMT202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), BSMGMT203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
293067 Posted On:
Dallas, Texas, United States