CLA is hiring a State & Local Tax (SALT) Associate to join our Dallas office.
About CLAs State and Local Tax Services (SALT) practice:
Our State and Local Tax Services practice is a team of professionals who pride themselves on being the premier resource for private businesses and their owners by providing tailored state tax consulting and compliance to our clients.
Our commitment to client success is without boundary or border. We work closely with clients all over the country to help develop tax solutions that align with our clients business goals. Our state and local tax professionals have decades of experience solving the complex challenges facing organizations and individuals working across multiple states.
CLA is an independent member of Nexia International, a top10 worldwide organization providing global and multi state connections. Our goal is to provide a seamless service to ou rclients whatever their multi state business needs may be.
Why this position is a great opportunity for you:
This role is a key position in the Dallas SALT practice, including strengthening existing client relationships and new business development.
· You will have the opportunity to continually sharpen your research, technical and client service skills by delivering a full range of State and Local Tax Services, including consulting and structuring, creation of technical memorandums, conducting multi-state reviews that analyze sales and use, sales tax reverse audits, income and other transaction taxes to identify optimal filing options, credits, incentives, exemptions, and corporate structures that can reduce our clients tax burden, and high level tax return review.
· Work closely with small to mid-sized privately held businesses developing State and Local Tax solutions that align with their business goals. The work is consulting focused and not routine. You will help a variety of clients, in a variety of industries.
· You will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that offers autonomy and encouragement to make things happen.
· CLA is a firm that is leading by investing significant focus and resources to nation-wide tax initiatives.
The ideal candidates experience includes:
· 5+ years experience providing a broad range of SALT services including sales and use, research, consulting and structuring, creation of technical memorandums, and client correspondence
· Experience with income tax a plus
· Bachelors degree in Accounting
· Advanced degree or certification, such as, CPA, CMI , MST or JD
· Strong analytical, research and writing skills
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click to learn about your hiring rights.
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With more than 5,000 people and 100 US locations, and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. For more information, visit CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
to see why people join CLA.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer /AA Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
to learn about your hiring rights.