Senior Tax Analyst, Real Estate Location: Dallas
Job Code: 347
# of Openings: 1
Highland Capital Management (together with its affiliates Highland) is a multibillion-dollar global alternative investment platform founded in 1993 by Jim Dondero and Mark Okada. Highland operates a diverse investment platform, serving both institutional and retail investors worldwide. In addition to high-yield credit, Highlands investment capabilities include public equities, real estate, private equity and special situations, structured credit, and sector- and region-specific verticals built around specialized teams. Highland is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and maintains offices in Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Singapore, and Seoul.
- Monitor and Perform REIT compliance testing. Prepare and review REIT tax returns and proforma calculations.
- Assist with transaction planning and structuring related to real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Prepare partnership , corporate, individual, charitable, and S-Corp federal income tax returns for review by Tax Manager and outside accounting firms
- Prepare and file state and local tax returns including Texas Franchise and property tax
- Assist with preparation of foreign filings (5471 & 8865) and review support for externally prepared forms
- Prepare and manage federal & state tax return extensions
- Prepare and manage 1099 reporting
- Prepare tax certification forms for domestic and foreign entities; ensure tax is not withheld from payments received by such entities
- Assist the legal department with documentation of new legal entities and prepare 8832s as needed to elect tax classification of various entities
- Recommend process improvement and document procedures for tax operations manual
- Prepare tax basis calculations for partnership interests and PFICS
- Perform tax research as needed to support tax positions to be taken on tax returns.
- Assist with the maintenance of the tax work plan for all entities each year
- Support IRS tax controversy effort, as needed
- Assist with ACS 740 analysis (FIN 48)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in tax
- Regulated Investment Company experience a plus
- Tax provision and International tax experience a plus
- Masters in Taxation or Masters in Professional Accounting (MPA) from a top tier accounting school with a minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance from top tier accounting school with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- CPA or candidate for CPA exam
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Very detail oriented and strong knowledge of Excel
- 50 hours a week is required
Compensation & Benefits:
NexPoint offers a competitive base salary and bonus based on experience and performance. NexPoint offers a generous benefits package that includes an industry leading health insurance plan with no employee premiums or deductibles and a 401(k) plan with employer match. NexPoints talented professionals share a passion for excellence, commitment to teamwork, and pride based on the firms track record in the alternative investment industry. NexPoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Are you a returning applicant?
Previous Applicants: Email: Password:
If you do not remember your password .