Software Engineer - Transaction Banking
We are currently looking for a permanent candidate to join our consulting team as a Java software engineer to support our client’s transaction banking team in Dallas, TX. Our client is a US leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm.
Transaction banking lending is a business that aims to provide comprehensive working capital and funding solutions for corporations. This department combines the strength and heritage of a leading financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of modern technologies centered on data and analytics, they provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to improve funding and liquidity efficiency.
For this role you will be required to contribute to the vision, propose ideas and drive the implementation of the client's platform. Our client’s flat structure requires and enables team members to evolve through the entire spectrum of the software life-cycle and closely collaborate with product owners, business and operations users. We are looking for someone with lots of energy that enjoys engineering challenges, passion to deliver high quality technology products and is able to operate in a highly fluid, rapidly changing environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Collaborate with global cross functional teams in building customer-centric products
- Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide deadline estimates for implementing new features
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices and software runbooks
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Must be passionate about technology and engineering
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Ability to leverage technology to deliver business value
- Must be independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
Technical Skill Set
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience using a modern programming language (preferably Java/Scala)
- Experience with Databases (SQL or no-SQL)
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience leveraging test-driven development methodologies
- Comfort with Agile operating models (practical experience of Scrum/Kanban)
- Team oriented; strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
- Experience with microservice architectures (SOA)
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Experience with Payments systems (understanding of the various payment networks)
- Experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL/Oracle/Sybase)
- Experience with AWS/Azure
- Experience in Financial Services or Fintech
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- 8 paid holidays, 5 sick and 2 personal days
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as, commuter/transit benefits, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and other company perks.