Software Development Engineer in Test - WSO Software QA
The SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) fills a critical skill role in the WSO Quality Assurance team by assisting in the creation of integration and end-to-end automation test platforms. The SDET works on the development team and partners with Test Architects to design next generation functional and regression tests and solutions. Department Overview
IHS Markit is the industry leader in leveraged loan and high-yield solutions providing comprehensive products and services for portfolio management, servicing, reporting, and analysis. Our portfolio management solution gives immediate access to real-time reference and transactional data on various asset classes. Its functionality is tailored to handle the unique behavior of bank loans and compliance reporting required for complex structures. Duties & Accountabilities
Education and experience
- Work directly with QA and Development partners to design and implement automated test solutions
- Displays experience with source control, sprint task management, and deployment tools
- Proven understanding of SDLC, CI/CD, Agile/Scrum, TDD, and object-oriented design principals
- Exhibits excellent technical troubleshooting ability
- Participates with team to develop user stories and build features
- Delivers transparent automation testing results
- Shows passion for testing technologies new and old
- Contributes and adheres to QA best practices
- 1 - 5 years' experience as SDET
- Degree in MIS or CS
- Services: Azure DevOps, Amazon Web Services
- Automation: Selenium, Protractor, Cypress, SpecFlow
- Tools: Postman, Visual Studio, VSCode, PowerBI, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Windows
Candidate must display a basic understanding of various financial asset types, interest calculations, etc. Key Soft Skills
- Willingness to learn new things
- Displays ownership over the project quality
- Ability to influence development counterparts in their test creation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.