Business Unit Overview
Led by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Technology Risk secures Goldman Sachs against hackers and other cyber threats. We are responsible for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions against the firm, helping the firm develop more secure applications and infrastructure, developing software in support of our efforts, measuring cybersecurity risk, and designing and driving implementation of cybersecurity controls. The team has global presence across the Americas, APAC, India and EMEA.
Within Technology Risk, Tech Risk Engineering creates targeted solutions to solve thematic control gaps across the firm. We are a team of security, software, and data engineers that identify and curate technology data, provide technology solutions in the threat management space, and drive real-time response processes to meet regulatory and management requirements. We build exciting, novel solutions and identify gaps to bridge platforms across Core Engineering. The Security Engineering team within Tech Risk is responsible for building services and platforms that interact with the Software Development Life Cycle processes at Goldman Sachs to provide security related checks, policy controls and associated reporting.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate will be expected to operate in an established architecture and leverage existing patterns but also come up with new ones that help in automating and increasing the efficiency of existing security engineering systems. Additionally, s/he will collaborate with the Advisory, and Software Development LifeCycle Engineering teams to develop applications in the security engineering space. Candidate will join a highly motivated and technically savvy team of engineers with a diverse skillset. S/he will fill a crucial role designing and building within a microservices architecture.
• 3-4 years Java development experience
• Proficiency in Object Oriented design and analysis
• Solid understanding of core Java concepts, common APIs and design patterns
• Experience of test-driven development, hands on experience with testing frameworks such as Junit and a sound understanding of SDLC process
• Motivated and self-directed
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrable history of successful project delivery
• Experience of using Java libraries: Spring; JUnit, Mockito; Jackson
• RDBMS experience: SQL programming; DB2; Sybase
• Web services development: RESTful APIs; Swagger; Jersey