Software Development Engineer
Sr Associate, Software Engineer FS
Requisition #: 47335
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: New York, NY; Dallas, TX
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Sr Associate in Technology Enablement for our practice.
- Participate in IT Java development efforts for various client projects
- Develop, create and document technical specifications and designs that satisfy documented business/functional requirements
- Provide programming and technical knowledge to ensure business solutions are met
- Ensure all code/technical configurations and other work products are properly unit-tested prior to delivery
- Participate in system and integration testing as appropriate; perform code reviews and other QA steps as requested
- Adhere to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and technology architecture requirements; proactively identify alternatives and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience in Financial Services (Capital Markets or Asset Management) and experience with software engineering concepts and hands-on object-oriented programming including Java
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a computational field, Computer Science or Engineering; Master's degree is preferred
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies, data lakes/warehouses, and data modeling concept and experience with data visualization tools and dashboards setup in QlikView and/or Alteryx is a plus
- Prior familiarity of agile methodology, SDLC, and delivery of technology transformation projects and knowledge of financial markets, Fixed income, currencies, and commodities (FICC)/Equities products, data flows and quantitative models
- Travel may be up to eighty to one hundred percent
- Must be permanently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.