Manager, M&A Software Architect
Requisition #: 53082
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Los Angeles, CA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Dallas, TX
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate/Manager to join our practice.
- Proactively lead the evaluation of proprietary technology platforms (e.g., SaaS platforms, custom-built software applications) by assessing the underlying patterns of the platform, evaluating the architectural design and deployment methodologies in use; identify material scalability, resiliency, performance, or operational maintenance gaps within the platform
- Evaluate the software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology in use by a given software company and the maturity of those processes to meet a client's (e.g., private equity, strategic buyer) investment thesis (i.e., can the team scale the platform 2x-10x in one to three years)
- Leverage technical/software and business acumen to identify, interpret, and translate platform architectures/concepts and relate to strategic business plans
- Assess levels of technical debt and the methodology used by a given software company to manage technical debt
- Interpret and translate SDLC metrics to determine the efficacy and scalability of the software development organization's performance
- Identify risks and opportunities for improvement to make strategic and tactical recommendations to assist our client's in achieving their short-term and long-term goals (e.g., scalability, reducing operational costs, and improving team efficacy)
- Minimum of five years' experience in software architecture including at least two years of hands-on software development experience; experience with platform modernization efforts a plus (i.e., Monolithic to SOA or Microservices)
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university
- Strong familiarity and demonstrated ability to stay up to date with legacy and new architectural patterns and programming frameworks; from Classic ASP to Functions-as-a-Service to Angular/React. Demonstrated experience or strong understanding of architecting for cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and GCP, cloud certification(s) a strong plus
- Experience applying modern software design concepts, such as separation of concerns, micro-services, service oriented architectures, test-driven development, and domain-driven development
- Ability to travel up to 80%, depending on engagement
- Applicants must be permanently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.