Senior Workforce Planning Analyst
- Dallas, TX, USA Dallas TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Senior Workforce Planning Analyst
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Workforce Planning Team within Service is responsible for forecasting and planning resource utilization across all time horizons across the organization. The Senior Workforce Planning Analyst will lead efforts to develop and manage robust models to estimate demand across all lines of business, engagement channels, and locations. The candidate will utilize various analysis methodologies, tools, and techniques to integrate historical data with forward-looking plans and assumptions in the course of calculating demand. The Senior Business Operations Analyst will provide critical support to the department's long-range planning effort and will provide business leadership with the information they need to understand how to optimally allocate and share resources in a changing environment.
- Lead the development and refinement of forecasting and demand models for teams 'new' to WFP, including but not limited to Field Services and Claims processing.
- Assess and refine existing demand models, with emphasis on our ability to track and measure key inputs as well as easily perform 'what-if' analysis.
- Apply critical thinking and sophisticated analytical techniques to define the hours of operation across channels and locations based on customer needs.
- Help develop service strategies by assisting with estimation of cost/benefits, defining experience requirements, and contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Synthesize the output of our analytical work to assist in driving strategy, and present findings to leadership in compelling, creative and accessible ways.
- Perform detailed data exploration and validation from a variety of sources as needed for development of new models
- Collaborate with other departments to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree Required (Preferred disciplines Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business)
- 5 years of related experience
- Must have strong working knowledge of analytical concepts and demonstrated ability to leverage them to inform business decisions
- Expertise in Excel and Spotfire or other data visualization tools required
- Scripting experience, knowledge of SQL and Access are a plus
- Strong ability to communicate in written, oral and presentation formats
- Strong ability to work in 'white space'
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
- Communicates equally effectively in business and technical terms
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.