Senior Vice President - Data Platform, Cloud Data Services - NoSQL, SQL, Cloud
Senior Vice President - Data Platform, Cloud Data Services - Relational Databases
$170,000 - 200,000 base salary. Bonus included and added on top of base. Company:
My client are an industry-leading, multinational financial investment services company with one of the best technical environments available, offering lots of opportunities to further develop your skillsets. Based here in Dallas, they are investing in Midwest and South capabilities with amazing growth plans and progression opportunities for passionate software engineers. Summary:
- You will be pivotal in implementing the architecture and engineering processes for best practices that provide data services to the public cloud environments.
- You will be responsible for all data services in public cloud including relational databases, NoSQL, Big Data, Messaging, Streaming, Machine Learning and Analytics.
- You will have a strong grasp of software engineering, designing and creating highly available cloud systems with experience implementing cloud strategy.
- Lead resources (both internal and external) in developing new and improving proprietary financial and statistical models and systems at the heart of the companies lending and liquidity products
- Conduct research to gather necessary data to drive analytical models
- Partner with IT and Risk Management groups to test and improve analytical models
- Identify new methods to automate ongoing monitoring of existing investments and execute development of related tools
- Provide relational and NoSQL databases, caching technologies, messaging and search productions in public cloud
- Deliver tooling to enable their cloud first strategy
- Provide a developer friendly cloud onboarding to new data services users
- Engineer data service solutions, both cloud native and self-managed platforms, that are scalable and highly available
- Support new development and initial migration efforts from on prem databases
- Provide technical leadership in the design of highly complex cloud system
- Be an advocate for new cloud native solutions to understand system needs, where no solution is available already within the community.
- Undergraduate degree
- Hands on expertise developing software and consumer facing applications
- Experience working with Java REST services and spring framework
- Strong experience in modern microservices architecture and deployments
- Expertise working in a distributed, cloud base environment (multi cloud) using Azure, AWS or GCP, alongside the use of Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure As A Code practices
- Experience working with cloud base relational and NoSQL databases
- TDD experience and test automation
- Familiar with DevOps and SRE practices