Senior GL Accountant
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 17 Feb 19
The Senior GL Accountant, General Ledger is responsible for various accounting duties related to our U.S and international subsidiaries. The Senior Accountant is expected to take ownership of the close process and ensure information is received, processed, and analyzed timely. Responsibilities also include various deliverables related to monthly/quarterly internal and external reporting as well as external auditor deliverables.
Real estate investment trust that invests in carrier-neutral data centers and provides colocation and peering services
- Prepare journal entries for month-end close process for expenses and balance sheet accounts.
- Analyze monthly Statement of Operations for variances to Plan and Forecast
- Complete various account reconciliations after every month-end close as well as performing additional analysis based on the results of the reconciliations.
- Ensuring timely and accurate monthly accounting close with GAAP and corporate policy
- Assist the internal/external audit process to ensure compliance
- Reviewing documentation and ensuring compliance with appropriate SOX controls
- Recommending and implementing process and internal control improvements
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5-7 years of general ledger accounting experience
- GL and reconciliation experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/growing environment while maintaining adequate attention to details.
- Proficient knowledge of YARDI preferred
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Requires excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel - Advanced level Excel skills (pivot tables, v-look ups)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- CPA preferred
Competitive salary and benefits