Duties and Responsibilities, aligned with Key Results:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that encourages productive interactions with customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Work closely with various technology teams to help define and implement elegant, scalable and sustainable technical solutions using the Salesforce technologies
- Work closely with the architect and business stakeholders to understand requirements and provide efficient and innovative solutions
- Assist with Salesforce Administrator tasks, as needed, like maintaining users, profiles, perform data loads as required, sandbox refresh, data backup etc.
- Partner with other architects, vendors, partners, business and technical teams to understand business needs and translate them into capability/platform roadmaps and work toward realizing the roadmaps
- Troubleshoot and fix defects for planned releases and production issues
- Research and find opportunities to utilize SFDC best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling and monitoring
- Build Reports and Dashboards.
- Provide after hours on-call support as needed for critical outages.
- Design and implement technical solutions to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Develop Web Services and APIs.
- Create prototypes in support of solution architecture activities
- Produce quality code for assigned development tasks
- Monitor and improve data quality
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent. In-depth understanding and working knowledge in Sales/Service/Community clouds. 8 to 10 years of overall experience in Software Development with 4 or more years of experience in Salesforce.com platform as a developer and administrator.
- Lightning, Apex Classes/Controllers, Apex Triggers development experience
- Development experience using Workflows, Process Builder, Flows & Validation rules.
- Web Services development or experience with the Salesforce API (REST, SOAP, Apex etc.)
- Knowledge of integrations, third-party integration tools and ETL with Salesforce
- Able to work independently and single resource projects
- Demonstrated success in implementing at least two full life cycle SFDC implementations.
- Familiarity or Background coding in .NET / Java preferred
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
Additional Required Computer Skills and Experience:
Must have 4 or more years of experience in the following:
- In-depth understanding of Salesforce technologies (clouds, offerings, custom development, integration, etc.)
- Experience integrating salesforce with 3rd party system using web services and app exchange apps
- Experience with custom SDLC processes such as code versioning, packaging, test driven development (TDD), continuous integration, test automation, code analysis and code quality metrics
- Demonstrated ability to identify and evaluate applications available from 3rd parties on the Salesforce AppExchange.
- Ability to stay current on Salesforce releases, new features, product roadmaps.
- Ability to stay current on Salesforce integration tools and best practices
- Ability to foster new ideas and concepts
- Ability to provide technical leadership and help onboard additional resources, contractors as required.
Certificates and Licenses:
Platform App Builder, Platform Developer I, Administrator
This position will have no direct reports.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external vendors as necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: None.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disability
Posted 4 Days AgoFull timeR0005259
Ryan offers outstanding opportunities to work in a dynamic, rapidly expanding tax services firm serving the worlds most respected Global 5000 companies. Our innovative work environment, accelerated growth path for high performers, competitive benefits package, and outstanding earning potential provide the most rewarding career experience available in the industry. Ryan employees are given the freedom to do their best work in the way they work best. With a clear understanding of expectations and accountabilities, our employees are given ownership of their time and flexibility to meet the demands of their professional and personal lives.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Ryan LLC (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Accommodation
Ryan, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination. It is our policy to take all employment actions and make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, military status, status as a disabled or other protected veteran or any other protected status under applicable law.
In addition, as a federal government contractor, the Firm maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
It is Ryan's policy to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact our People Group at 972.934.0022 or if you are interested in applying and need assistance to submit your application, or if you are interested in a position and believe you may require a reasonable commodation in order for you to perform its essential functions.
Click to view the entire EEO poster and supplement.
*Notice to Canada Candidates In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Ryan ULC will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request. Ryan welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities*.
Ryan recognizes and is committed to compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) promulgated by the European Union (EU). Please access our Privacy Notice in relation to this at the following . Please access our Personal Data Protection Policy at the following .