Senior Brokerage Services Representative
- Dallas, TX, USA Dallas TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
Senior Brokerage Services Representative
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2014 operating earnings of $2.021 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2014, with affiliates, totaled $552.82 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for 170 years.
New York Life's Service Organization plays a critical and significant part of creating the New York Life brand and with every customer interaction we have the opportunity to shape that brand and what our customers think of us. Our top focus is to deliver exceptional service to our customers (both Agents and policyholders) by providing fast and accurate resolutions creating an experience that reduces the amount of effort required by our customers.
Brokerage Services Representatives are responsible for providing outstanding customer service by primarily handling incoming calls from our NY Life sales professionals, their staff and directly from clients. This is a very structured position that includes learning and communicating operational/legal procedures, multiple systems and financial industry policies while working in a stressful, fast paced environment. Additional duties and tasks (processing, special projects, etc.) will be required dependent upon business needs.
- Provide best-in-class service to our agents and clients by taking approximately 60 inbound calls per day
- Handle incoming trading calls on all product types (stocks, bonds, mutual funds)
- Handle escalated issues and the IR Correspondence queue including writing letters of indemnity to correct errors
- Assist with the training of new staff members
- Respond to inquiries in a timely, efficient and professional manner by quickly identifying the caller's needs and formulating an accurate response or solution
- Meet established individual performance expectations and operate in a team environment to contribute to the company and team goals
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of operational procedures, company policies, industry principles and confidently communicate this to callers
- Learn and maintain a strong working knowledge of multiple systems, products and services.
- Provide overflow assistance for processing areas
- Participate in cross training and on special projects (researching and pulling documentation for audit items) assigned by the Investor Relations Manager
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree - Finance or Business discipline preferred or equivalent work experience
- Series 7 & 63 FINRA licenses required (employment contingent upon passing license exams within 120 days)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with listening skills
- Positive, customer focused attitude with a desire to exceed customer expectations
- Must be able to operate in a team environment and contribute to the company and team goals
- Strong technical and analytical skills required
Training & Development
Brokerage Services Representatives undergo a comprehensive paid on-site training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Competitive full-time base salary, overtime eligibility plus target bonus
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.