Senior Associate It Technical Lead
Sr Associate IT Technical Lead
Requisition #: 47406
Practice Area: Audit
Location: Dallas, TX
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate, IT Technical Lead to join our National Audit organization.
- Operate as part of the Audit engagement team to support the use of Data and Analytics (D&A) in the Audit which includes data extractions and analyses from large scale Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Communicate with engagement teams the technical implications of D&A capabilities, including extraction of data, processing of data, and delivery of reports
- Work with the Audit engagement team to identify the scope of Data & Analytics capabilities used in the audit, review the D&A-driven audit reports, and understand the insights gained in the audit and how the analysis is used to plan and execute the audit
- Partner with client technology teams to understand the technical configuration of the client’s environment, discuss the technical implications of performing data extractions and further analysis needed by KPMG audit teams, and facilitate the transfer of extracted client data to KPMG's environment under guidance from team leads
- Work with an evolving range of technologies and audit analytics tools, including SQL, MSBI tools, IDEA, Monarch, Excel, and Qlikview
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues encountered during the data analysis process including data inconsistencies, and procedure inconsistencies
- Minimum two years of experience supporting the development and/or implementation of D&A technologies; preferably within a public accounting or consulting firm
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required; Master's degree from an accredited college/university is preferred
- Database management knowledge focusing on Microsoft SQL Server technology, including writing SQL stored procedures and data modeling; experience performing data analysis with Qlikview, Tableau, Alteryx, IDEA, KDAT or similar tools is preferred
- SAP or Oracle application knowledge focusing on specific business processes such as order to cash or purchase to pay or record to report; therefore, in-depth knowledge of SAP FI or MM or SD modules, which is documented by received SAP certifications or SAP consulting and implementation experience in the field; strong communication skills and the ability to support multiple engagements at once, strong project management skills preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.