Senior Associate, Data Analysis
Sr. Associate, Federal Data Analysis
Requisition #: 46608
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Dallas, TX
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Digital Lighthouse houses KPMG's specialized capabilities across the digital landscape: applied data science, AI, data engineering and insights, software engineering, automation, and big data. Here, you'll work with a sophisticated team of professionals to explore solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you'll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. So, bring your ingenuity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Digital Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Federal Advisory practice.
- Work in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to translate business objectives into artificial intelligence approaches and objectives; strong aptitude for quickly learning business operational, process, delivery, and revenue models
- Work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with both virtual and face-to-face interactions; utilize structured approaches to solving problems, managing risks, and documenting assumptions; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations
- Assess, capture, and translate issues and requirements into structured analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and development of effective work stream plans
- Build ingestion processes to prepare, extract, and enrich a variety of structured and unstructured data sources (social media, news, internal/external documents, images, video, voice, emails, financial data, and operational data)
- Utilize a hypothesis-driven, problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory models that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client; proactively broaden and deepen client relationships by working with varying levels of client team members
- Deliver on engagement milestones by following analytics processes to mitigate risks in data, modeling, validation, and delivery; manage assumptions, and risks, and work with others to clear issues
- Minimum of three years of work experience involving: modeling (regression, machine learning, feature selection, dimension reduction, validation); data (extracting, preparing, munging, validating); building analytics pipelines; analytics and data science landscape; minimum of one year of training specific to artificial intelligence, and two plus years of experience leading work streams with two plus data scientists, engineers, and other data & analytics professionals
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in an applied quantitative discipline, such as Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Strong knowledge in design and building of machine learning pipelines, including data extraction, feature engineering from structured and unstructured data; the entire software development lifecycle; and software development methodologies (frameworks, tools and technical architecture)
- Ability to apply artificial intelligence techniques to achieve concrete business goals; work with the business to understand available resources and constraints around data (sources, integrity, and definitions), processing platforms, and security
- Proficiency with sophisticated analytics tools and programming languages (SAS, R, Python, Java, Spark, Hadoop, Alteryx, SQL); data visualization tools (Tableau, QlikView, and others)
- Ability to travel as required to support firm engagements
- U.S. citizenship required and the ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.