PGIM REF - Senior Accountant
PGIMReal Estate Finance (PGIM REF) is one of the nations largest full-servicecommercial, multi-family and agricultural real estate lenders. PGIM REForiginates a wide variety of mortgage investments across its platform forPrudentials General Account, investment management clients, and otherthird-party capital sources (such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, or otherinstitutional investors).
PrudentialAsset Resources (PAR) is a subsidiary of PGIM REF and is one of the largestcommercial and multifamily mortgage servicing firms in the nation. Assets undermanagement include CMBS, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and insurance companygeneral account loans. The Company is a rated Primary, Master, and SpecialServicer. PGIM REF is a diversified mortgage lender with a 125-year commitmentto the commercial real estate market.
PGIMREF is actively seeking a highly-motivated candidate to join its Agency and PARAccounting team as an Accounting Specialist. This position is based in PGIM REFs Dallas, Texas location. Theposition is responsible for the preparation of Agency mortgage loan journalentries corresponding to the life cycle of the loan (i.e., borrower deposit,rate lock, funding, and loan settlement) as well as maintaining the associatedcash logs. Other related responsibilities include accounting for MortgageServicing Rights (MSRs), analytics (e.g., Revenue schedules and Goal Posts),PASS account reconciliations (Prudentials system for assuring materiallycorrect Balance Sheet account balances), Agency state tax apportionment, LoanFee accounting, debt (to fund loans) tracking, and creation of robust Policiesand Procedures. This role reports to an Associate Manager and will requireworking closely and partnering with members of PARs Investor Services,Investor Operations, Servicing & Asset Management teams, based in ourDallas office, and will also partner with PGIM REF Controllers and FinanceShared Services (FSS) teams based in New Jersey.
Primary responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
- PrepareAgency cash logs and corresponding journal entries
- Preparemortgage loan accounting entries (including preparation of and maintaining theAgency Mortgage Loan Master Files which track loans at rate lock, funding andsettlement).
- Reviewmortgage loan agreements to ensure use of correct interest rate and principalwhen preparing journal entries.
- Obtaininga solid understanding of the business in order to perform effective analytics(e.g. Revenue Schedules and Goal Posts).
- PrepareBalance Sheet reconciliations, and identify and institute accountreconciliation efficiencies where warranted, in support of proper PASS accountsign-off.
- Effectivelypartner across the organization with Investor Reporting, Investor Operations,Servicing, Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Controllers, FinancialReporting and IT to ensure effective communications across the platform.
- Preparevarious analytical reports and support special projects on an as needed / AdHoc basis.
- SupportInvestor Reporting on an as needed basis.
- 3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting preferred but will consider candidates with proven experience in accounting, financial reporting and analysis.
- Public accounting firm experience / CPA / MBA a plus but not required.
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
- Strong accounting, research and analytical skills.
- Asset management industry experience a plus.
- Self-motivated and proactive (i.e., proactively assumes ownership of assigned tasks).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to drive process improvement.
- Strong computer skills (a firm working knowledge of Excel [required] and Prudential financial systems applications a plus), along with knowledge and use of Oracle GL systems a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and partnering skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours during peak reporting periods and as needed for ad hoc projects / requests
- Ability and willingness to be flexible regarding work assignments (e.g., ad hoc requests and assisting the PAR Accounting and Investor Reporting team as needed)
United States-Texas-Dallas Work Locations: Job:
Prudential Financial, Inc. Schedule: