Azure Cloud Security Engineer
Requisition #: 50606
Practice Area: Business Support Services
Location: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; St Louis, MO; Dallas, TX
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Engineering to join our Digital Nexus technology organization.
- Plan and execute client engagements focusing on assessment, review, design and/or implementation of Cloud infrastructure/platform/software security
- Discover improvement opportunities in the areas of process efficiency and security including role-based security and identity and access management based on the firm’s methodology for cloud environments
- Identify and remediate system, network, and application vulnerabilities; validate vulnerability scanning results and false positives; perform vulnerability assessments using vulnerability assessment tools; implementing vulnerability management strategies in cloud, mobile, and virtual infrastructures
- Develop business processes and risk management approaches in areas such as cyber security, cloud security, cloud governance and compliance, DevOps, cloud data protection, cloud monitoring and incident response, enterprise security architecture, technology risk management, and others
- Provide written and verbal communication and presentations to engagement teams and leadership as needed
- Lead internal skills development activities for network architecture and engineering teams on new technologies and solutions driven by security requirements, by providing mentoring and by conducting knowledge sharing sessions
- Minimum of eight years of experience in any of the following areas - cloud security architecture, cloud security assessment and strategy; cloud compliance; solution architecture and design with emphasis on security, security operations and integration with cloud IaaS/PaaS/SaaS security platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure (including Sentinel) and Workday
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Possess exceptional experience in designing and configuring Azure Sentinel, including knowledge of KQL (Kusto Query Language) to write queries and correlations based on security use cases; must possess a strong knowledge of large-scale cloud (public or private) environments, enterprise cloud environments
- Experience in designing and development of automation tools and infrastructure to run service-oriented stacks on an internal data centers; well versed in leveraging following some or more AWS Services: Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Kinesis, Lambda, Aurora, Dynamo DB, API Gateway, SQS, CloudFormation, as well as hands on experience with AWS Pipeline infrastructure: AWS Kinesis for streaming, AWS Lambda for containerization, AWS Aurora/Dynamo DBs, AWS API Gateway, CloudFormation, SQS
- Strong experience in developing Cloud formation templates and modules with the ability to design data storage, movement, orchestration solutions on AWS, including developing Terraform templates/modules; proven performance in developing SIEM content/use cases with specific experience writing content rules, including Azure Sentinel
- Solid practice in architecture, design and administration of security monitoring tools, such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, proxies, SIEM with basic knowledge in shell/bash scripting and/or Python; CISM/CISSP/GSEC/CISA/cloud certification desired; CCSP, CCSK, MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure cert, AWS Certified Solutions Architect cert are a plus; excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to travel occasionally for business purposes (after COVID-19 firm travel restrictions are lifted)
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.