Retirement Solutions Call Center Manager
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 14 Nov 18
Retirement Solutions Call Center Manager
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
New York Life Insurance's Service Organization strives to provide best in class service by making every experience a positive one. It is the hallmark of what we do and how we keep good going.
We are looking for customer focused accountable, efficient and engaged professionals who are dedicated to and guided by a commitment to service excellence.
Our Service Organization is seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking leader to manage the Retirement Solutions Call Center Team. Key responsibilities are to develop, direct and lead a call center team to achieve the operations business objectives. The leader is also expected to provide back up support to the Retirement Solutions Service Team by working with service team management to deploy staff when needed.
- Lead and coach a team of Call Center Representatives to assist in their growth and development.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive and strong leadership role by creating a positive work environment, recognition program, and engaging & empowering team members consistently, fairly and with integrity.
- Conduct and perform quality monitoring, calibration sessions and coaching feedback to each individual team member including implementing disciplinary actions as required.
- Ability to identify performance inequities, training needs and develop and deliver documented plans to achieve and exceed goals.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, YTD reporting on team and individual performance.
- Prepare and deliver written midyear and year end performance appraisals.
- Manage escalated customer service issues.
- Demonstrate advance knowledge of NYL products, processes and guidelines to ensure compliance and strong Customer Satisfaction Results.
- Review procedures and implement changes to procedures as specified by the Corporate Vice President, regulatory or audit authorities.
- Review management control reports and other work flow tracking tools.
- Lead on projects assigned by Manager and assume back up duties of the Manager as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree - Finance or Business discipline preferred or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing call center teams, quality monitoring and surveying tools preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing real-time monitoring of call center agents to monitor productivity, metrics, employee demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies preferred.
- Industry recognized courses and designations (i.e. like LOMA, Series 6, but not limited to). Certifications (i.e. Call Center Associate Certification) and other relative activities preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with listening skills.
- Positive, customer focused attitude with a desire to exceed customer expectations, as well as develop team members.
- Strong technical and analytical skills required (Proficient PC skills including Word, Excel, Outlook with the ability to navigate multiple applications).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Fixed Annuity Products strongly preferred.
- Development of departmental objectives for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
Training & Development:
The Manager will undergo a comprehensive on the job training environment to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
Competitive base salary, plus bonus eligibility
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.