About the Role:
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is looking for a motivated Registered Architect, who will oversee a variety of design, planning and project assignments to manage the construction, remodeling, renovation, maintenance and upgrade of facility, and building infrastructure. You will take responsibility to perform as a team member on local design, implementation and maintenance of all facets of the facility. Important that you have some knowledge of essential infrastructure components (AC Systems, UPS Systems, and HVAC Systems) to ensure operational integrity, improve efficiency and reduce operational costs.
- Present project designs based on customer input and professional practices
- Prepare and build client contracts following specific consultations
- Follow all industry standards of design, national and local codes
- Lead and develop projects from early concept through design development
- Prepare drawings, specifications, and construction documents
- Draft designs that reflect green building values and cater to our clients' desires for smaller carbon footprints
- Investigate, inspect, measure, assess, acquire data, and report on deficiencies observed, suggested repairs, maintenance modifications and potential improvement opportunities to support maintaining the condition of the facility and its infrastructure
- Coordinate preliminary architectural studies for major new structures and alterations to existing structures and site development
- Maintain the design history for the project throughout the life cycle of the project
- Represent Facilities Management and Planning on cross-functional teams
- Work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Have specialized depth and scope of expertise
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices
You will report to the Sr. Facilities Manager who manages a diverse and cross functional building planning team consisting of eight team members in Dallas. We are a collaborative, passionate team delivering innovative, safe, and resilient solutions on to proactively meet the needs of our customers across the Federal Reserve System.
- Bachelors degree in architecture, engineering, or interior design and license registration in the State of Texas
- Ten or more years of broad technical experience, of which at least five years as a licensed professional leading teams or projects
- Related experience in construction, remodeling, building, IT and important systems, and maintenance of buildings is required
- Experience or certification as a project manager is a plus
- Experience developing solutions using architectural/engineering principles and in creatively applying these solutions in facility operational problems
- Experience with CADD, AutoCAD, Micro Station, or Revit
- Exhibit excellent leadership, development and mentoring skills
- Exhibit excellent communication, collaboration and teaming skills
- Well versed in process management and is results oriented
- Great customer focus and the ability to work under pressure of time and varied demands
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
Why the Dallas Fed?
We are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together were creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
Annual tuition reimbursement
Professional development programs, training and conferences
Notes: The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant. Primary Location:
TX-Dallas Work Locations: Organization:
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Day Job Travel:
Yes, 5 % of the Time