Ratings Analyst, U.S. Public Finance - Local Government Group, South Region
(Flexible) Centennial, CO; Dallas, TX;
The Local Government, South Region provides ratings for counties, municipalities, and school districts throughout the southern U.S. You will join a professional team of analysts that maintains a strong culture of analytical excellence and customer service in a supportive and collegial environment, so effective teamwork and a thoughtful approach to problem solving is highly valued.
US Public Finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. This position will give a successful candidate the opportunity to contribute to a strong talent development culture that values integrated and high-impact analysis, service excellence, diversity, and empowerment.
What's in it for you:
This position is a junior position, but with high expectations for upward mobility. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. Advancement will be available to those who show a strong aptitude and embrace the municipal sector. While overall career development will depend on individual performance and company need, this is an opportunity for your skills and hard work to move you forward.
This position is key to maintaining our market relevance and meeting our transaction requirements. Specifically, in this role, the analyst will:
- Conduct research and prepare documents and presentations for rating committees;
- Attend rating committee meetings with senior analysts as assigned;
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of ratings criteria and financial statement analysis;
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data on special projects;
- Manage and process large data sets; and
- Work with analysts to publish periodic thought leadership articles.
What We're Looking For:
- BS, BA in finance, accounting, economics, government/public policy, or similar field required
- One to two years of work experience
- A demonstrated interest in local governments and how they work
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well both independently and as part a team
- Strong ability to work with financial models and data, including cash flow and credit models.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact confidently with clients
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of programming languages and data analytics a plus
- Ability to learn in both formal training and on-the-job settings
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
Ability to be highly organized, detail-oriented, and juggle multiple priorities at once Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 to $129,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. About Company Statement: S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
264248 Posted On:
Dallas, Texas, United States