Quality Engineer / Ingénieur (H/F)
Quality Engineer Position Overview
By joining as a Quality Engineer, you will become part of our U.S. based QE&A practice, ranked a 'Leader' in Gartner, Forrester and IDC evaluations for application testing services. The practice provides a full range of Quality Engineering & Assurance services to our U.S. clients across multiple industry sectors, including Automation Test Development, Agile QE, DevOps Engineering, Performance Testing, Manual Testing, Test Design, , and Test Consulting. Business and Tecnology Focus
- Know Your Customer: Understand the client's business processes and how the software being tested impacts the client's business \t
- Become a quality evangelist - Advocate right bugs to fix and reject the ones that would put client's end customers at risk \t
- Develop ability to map client's business process to your testing methodology \t
- Become a 'future focused' QA leader: develop a good understanding of rising trends in the QA industry (QE, DevOps, Agile QA & Digital) and apply these technologies to your client's QA environment
- Gain knowledge of the architecture of the client's system - code structure, underlying database and interactions with other software \t
- Find new and interesting ways of breaking the software using automated and manual tests \t
- Learn new tools/technologies to automate tests (such as Selenium, Tosca, Cucumber Java and Python)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Our preferred majors are Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or other related majors that provide foundational knowledge in software development and testing. \t
- Understanding fundamentals of Software Development Life Cycle and importance of Quality Management and Processes. \t
- Familiarity with programming languages or frameworks, such as Java, Python, .NET,C, C++, etc. \t
- Basic Understanding on Database Concepts - Relational DB or NO SQL \t
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills \t
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills \t
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
Applicants must be willing to relocate - our business model requires our consultants to be as close to the client site as possible. Cognizant will provide relocation assistance.
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for this role.Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : May 05 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.