Property Tax Associate
Associate Consultant - Property Tax Compliance Dallas/en-US/RyanCareers/job/Dallas/Associate-Consultant---Property-Tax-Compliance_R0005845/applyThe Associate Consultant assists team members with a variety of tasks to provide client engagement support and coordination. The Associate Consultant ensures all support needs are met and assists with both engagement and non-engagement tasks. The incumbent provides basic administrative support to team members and is available to work overtime and travel as needed to assist with projects at client sites. The Associate Consultant is responsible for creating positive team member experiences, which lead to excellent client service and drive revenue and profit for the Firm.
The ideal candidate with have analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with strong people skills. The successful candidate will be effective by following instructions explicitly and knowing when to ask questions to seek clarification. Successful Ryan team members embrace and live Ryans values of Pursue Excellence, Wired to Win, Generosity Matters, Build Trust and Integrity Always and will embody and demonstrate accountability.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryans Key Results
- Create a positive team member experience.
- Responds to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities.
- Copies or scans and uploads work papers at client site or in Ryan office.
- Downloads, prints, and organizes work papers for review.
- Scans, formats, codes, and maps client data into databases.
- Performs research on client and industry for team members.
- Assists engagement team in preparing and distributing client deliverables.
- Prepares e-mails, memos, letters, and confirmation requests.
- Gathers required signatures on forms and letters.
- Creates files for clients and projects utilizing Microsoft® Excel and Access.
- Answers telephone calls and takes accurate and concise messages.
- Maintains calendar appointments and deadlines to ensure proper accountability and client deadlines are observed.
- Makes travel arrangements as needed.
- Maintains communications (e-mail, written, phone, and fax) while team is traveling.
- Tracks and reports time and expenses in detail for self and Manager as needed.
- Takes direction from multiple team members to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, meeting critical deadlines and seeking assistance with prioritization when needed.
- Works effectively in a complex, deadline-driven environment.
- Handles tasks in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Handles and safeguards confidential information and sensitive material.
- Maintains ability to quickly learn new procedures with limited direction.
- Researches and manipulates data.
- Performs other duties and assists with other projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Two-year (associate) college degree, with minimum of three years related practice-specific experience OR four-year, any major, degree from accredited university, with minimum overall GPA of 2.80. Accounting and financial knowledge, experience, and education a plus.
- No experience required.
- Desire to perform in a high-energy team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid drivers license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting or standing while working.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and clients both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Works overtime and travels independently as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR0005845
Ryan offers outstanding opportunities to work in a dynamic, rapidly expanding tax services firm serving the worlds most respected Global 5000 companies. Our innovative work environment, accelerated growth path for high performers, competitive benefits package, and outstanding earning potential provide the most rewarding career experience available in the industry. Ryan employees are given the freedom to do their best work in the way they work best. With a clear understanding of expectations and accountabilities, our employees are given ownership of their time and flexibility to meet the demands of their professional and personal lives.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Ryan LLC (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Job duties related to this role are to be conducted in a manner that adheres to privacy laws, as well as follows internal governance related to protecting confidential information and trade secrets, and to securing data and company records.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Accommodation
Ryan, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination. It is our policy to take all employment actions and make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, military status, status as a disabled or other protected veteran or any other protected status under applicable law.
It is Ryan's policy to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact our People Group at 972.934.0022 or if you are interested in applying and need assistance to submit your application, or if you are interested in a position and believe you may require a reasonable commodation in order for you to perform its essential functions.
Click to view the entire EEO poster and supplement.
*Notice to Canada Candidates In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Ryan ULC will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request. Ryan welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities*.
Ryan recognizes and is committed to compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) promulgated by the European Union (EU). Please access our Privacy Notice in relation to this at the following . Please access our Personal Data Protection Policy at the following .