Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Portfolio Manager - Energy Finance Location US-TX-Dallas | US-TX-Houston Job ID 2019-7326 Category Other Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking a Portfolio Manager in Dallas or Houston, for its Energy Finance Group. Generally, but depending on experience level, this role is responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio management of Energy Banking relationships to achieve efficiencies and quality of the process/product, retention and expansion of existing client relationship and net growth in relationships. The position will work closely with the energy team management, lenders, petroleum engineer technicians, petroleum engineers and energy clients in a “consultative” approach. Primary performance responsibilities include analyzing financial data to determine the merits of loan requests, preparing and/or overseeing underwriting memorandums, coordinating collateral evaluation with consultants and personnel, reviewing legal documents and identifying cross sell opportunities.
- Manages and oversees loan/deposit portfolios.
- Perform underwriting, monitoring, reporting and forecasting for energy loans.
- Assist with due diligence/analysis with new client relationships, opportunity memos as appropriate
- Demonstrates solid energy finance product understanding and an excellent understanding of risk profiles in energy borrower's operations and general industry knowledge.
- May make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank's loan approval process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits.
- Partner with the Relationship Manager as the point of a contact for the client; acting as a liaison to the Credit Department, Energy support staff and other internal business partners.
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established EWB energy credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform other administrative duties required for the maintenance of a portfolio of clients. Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region's marketplace.
- Manage the borrowing base and renewal process by working with the Relationship Manager, client and credit department.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or a related field
- Preferred completion of a corporate or other formal credit training program
- Prefer 5-10+ years of experience for Portfolio Manager title, with relevant experience in E&P and Midstream commercial banking
- Strong communication skill set and ability to positively effect a collaborative team environment
- Strong understanding of credit policy and procedures and is able to accurately risk-rate
- Loans/credits, evaluates both cash-flow and energy collateral-based loans/credits
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS