Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Portfolio Manager - C&I Location US-TX-Dallas Job ID 2019-7322 Category Other Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Portfolio Manager. The Portfolio Manager is responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio management of C&I Commercial Banking relationships. Primary responsibilities include analyzing financial data to determine the merits of loan requests, recommending structure, as well as identifying cross selling/referring opportunities of other services.
- Assist Relationship Manager (RM) in underwriting, managing and structuring commercial lines, owner occupied real estate, Sponsor Back, and Leverage Buy Out transactions, according to the bank establish guidelines and policies
- Ongoing monitoring of credit/covenant compliance
- Analyze and create financial loan write-ups to generate new loans.
- Manage the renewal process by working with the RM, the client and the credit department including increase/amendment/waiver
- Partner with the RM as the point of contact for the client; acting as a liaison to the Credit Department, the Commercial support staff and other internal business partners
- Ensure compliance with EWB regulatory and credit requirements.
- Assist in accurately risk rating loans/credits.
- Develop problem loan credit solutions.
- Work with credit analyst in reviewing existing credits
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established EWB credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
- As appropriate to experience, co-manage commercial relationships by analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests, and recommend structure as well as aggressively managing the client relationship
- Responsible for credit risk and quality of the portfolio.
- Assist with due diligence/analysis with new client relationships, opportunity memos as appropriate.
- As appropriate with experience, assist in the development of junior bankers, credit analysts, and relationship associates.
- May make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank's Loan Approval Process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits.
- Perform other administrative duties required for the maintenance of a portfolio of clients.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree or combination of education and directly related experience
- 10+ years of banking experience with a minimum of 5-years of direct portfolio management experience.
- Demonstrates strong underwriting and projection skills.
- Has strong understanding of credit policy and procedures and is able to accurately risk-rate loans/credits, evaluates both cash-flow and collateral-based loans/credits
- Develop problem loan credit solutions.
- Has strong knowledge in Commercial and Industrial Loans including Asset Based transactions, Owner Occupied CRE Loans
- Must be proficient in Excel for purposes of financial modeling.
- Background in Accounting preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with focus on quality and integrity
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS