Hamlyn Williams are currently partnering with a leading system integrator to assist in the search for Automation Specialists to join the team. This US-based company works on projects across a range of different industries, including oil & gas, pharmaceutical and energy.
Are you looking to be involved in a range of interesting projects in a successful family-owned business? Responsibilities include:
- Works with project managers and estimators to assess potential projects and submit proposals.
- Reads and interprets diagrams and documentation and communicates with customers to understand objectives and preferences.
- Develops requirements for control panels and approves their design.
- Reads and interprets documents detailing the control system functionality for the purpose of writing PLC code to implement that logic.
- Programs controls to connect from less than 20 points up to thousands of input/output points.
- Develops the human machine interface (HMI).
- Develops hardware and software test plans and writes simulation logic for the testing of the PLC and HMI system.
- At the client site, the incumbent may supervise the installation of the systems.
- Tests the installed system to observe system functionality and ensure that the programs function as designed.
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during startup that are caused by incorrect drawings, changes in customer desires, incorrect instrumentation specifications, or other technical issues. Diagnoses and resolves software and hardware interface issues.
- Trains customers on use and operation of client-specific system integration software.
- Interfaces with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, particularly regarding problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Works with others to develop alternative system and software designs.
- May respond to service calls to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair programming and system failures.
- Experience with Siemens PLCs and Ignition HMI - a range of roles are available with different levels of seniority
- Background in wastewater, food and beverage, oil and gas or pharmaceutical industries
Please note, to apply you must be a green card holder or a US citizen.