Senior Network Engineer Dallas/en-US/RyanCareers/job/Dallas/Senior-Network-Engineer_R0005003/applyThe Senior Network Engineer is responsible for architecting, designing and managing all facets of Network Administration, Telephone Systems, and video Administration for Ryan. Role will design and provide day to day support within the Network and Telecommunications department focusing on network switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, cabling, wireless solutions, IDS devices and external connectivity. The Senior Network Engineer demonstrates superb technical competency and time management skills to deliver mission-critical infrastructure and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. This role will be the highest technical role for the Network team.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for architecting, designing and managing all facets of Network Administration, Telephone Systems, and video Administration for Ryan. Role will design and provide day to day support within the Network and Telecommunications department focusing on network switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, cabling, wireless solutions, IDS devices and external connectivity. The Senior Network Engineer demonstrates superb technical competency and time management skills to deliver mission-critical infrastructure and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. This role will be the highest technical role for the Network team.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryans Key Results
- Create a positive team member experience.
- Act as a technical reference for staff on existing and upcoming technologies.
- Own and successfully deliver infrastructure projects that span beyond only network-based technologies.
- Manage and deliver multiple projects with excellent time management and leadership skills.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Cross trains other members of the Information Technology department.
- Provide 3rd level support.
- Support, train, and assist the Service Desk team as needed.
- Performs on-call duties on a rotational basis.
- Architects, develops, and maintains Ryan network infrastructure inventory and roadmap including detailed schedules and designs.
- Ability to troubleshoot system and application issues from all levels of the infrastructure stack, not only network.
- Establishes and maintains technology support competencies to support system, network, and telephone administration technologies and responsibilities including performance metrics identification and adherence.
- Architects, develops, and manages Ryan infrastructure platforms as highly available, high-performing business systems.
- Identifies and assists with enterprise Data Security planning and achievement, including Disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Adopts appropriate elements of ITIL standards for maturity in Service Management processes, particularly Incident, Problem, Change, and Configuration Management.
- Manages implementation and support of Firm technology strategies and initiatives.
- Measures and improves key performance indicators of IT Infrastructure technologies, capacities, project completion, and problem resolution.
- Maintains appropriate technologies and documentation related to SAS70, PCI, and other compliance initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of computer/network principles at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelors degree in relevant technology field, or acquired through combination of education and experience, is required.
- More than 7 years of Network Engineering experience in medium to large multi-location company managing networks and telephony.
- More than 15 years of technical support experience in medium to large multi-location company.
- Must be able to train others quickly and thoroughly on key networking concepts.
- A polished, professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills.
- Security management experience including firewall configurations, IDS configuration, and audit compliance reporting.
- Experience selecting and managing MPLS vendors is required. Experience with WAN optimization preferred.
- Experience using, evaluating and selecting network management and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with designing multi-location architecture.
- Experience with unified communication tools a plus.
- Must be accustomed to following Incident and Change management processes.
- Outstanding capabilities working to plan and meeting deadlines. Exceptional ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in communications with all levels of personnel, vendors and IT personnel.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent business analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with people of varying technical skills.
- Quick, analytical thinker.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts.
- Ability to collaborate to determine the most appropriate technical strategies and designs to meet business need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of DHCP/DNS, subnets, multiple routing protocols, switching, firewalls/policy NAT/rules, spanning tree, VoIP, QoS, VLANs, LAN/WAN technologies, load balancers and wireless technologies.
Certificates and Licenses:
CCNP and CCIE certifications are required. CEH or CCDP certification is a plus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and external vendors.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull up to 40 lbs.
- Independent travel requirement: up to 25%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Posted TodayFull timeR0005003
Ryan offers outstanding opportunities to work in a dynamic, rapidly expanding tax services firm serving the worlds most respected Global 5000 companies. Our innovative work environment, accelerated growth path for high performers, competitive benefits package, and outstanding earning potential provide the most rewarding career experience available in the industry. Ryan employees are given the freedom to do their best work in the way they work best. With a clear understanding of expectations and accountabilities, our employees are given ownership of their time and flexibility to meet the demands of their professional and personal lives.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Ryan LLC (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Accommodation
Ryan, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination. It is our policy to take all employment actions and make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, military status, status as a disabled or other protected veteran or any other protected status under applicable law.
In addition, as a federal government contractor, the Firm maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
It is Ryan's policy to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact our People Group at 972.934.0022 or if you are interested in applying and need assistance to submit your application, or if you are interested in a position and believe you may require a reasonable commodation in order for you to perform its essential functions.
Click to view the entire EEO poster and supplement.
*Notice to Canada Candidates In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Ryan ULC will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request. Ryan welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities*.
Ryan recognizes and is committed to compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) promulgated by the European Union (EU). Please access our Privacy Notice in relation to this at the following . Please access our Personal Data Protection Policy at the following .