Mortgage Loan Specialist - Austin, Houston, Dallas or Fort Worth Offices New 📅 77841 Requisition # 📅 1 day ago Post Date Candidate’s preferred location at any existing NT office in TX (to serve clients living in the Central and Mountain time zones). Locations are Austin, Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth.
Under supervision of Mortgage manager, responsible for communication with partners, clients and prospective clients, to develop thorough residential mortgage, equity credit line applications inclusive of modifications. Evaluates the loan application for completeness and acts as liaison with the Senior Mortgage Consultant or the applicant. Conducts the initial review of the application, review of the accommodation and credit worthiness of the client/prospect, and determines the bank’s ability to address those needs. Establishes and maintains the contact and relationship with the client throughout the mortgage loan process. This position may provide professional development for higher level roles. Enters Loan into the Empower loan system, monitors applications through the process and intervenes as necessary to affect a positive client experience. The key responsibilities of the role include: 1. Meets with clients and prospective clients, to develop complete applications. 2. Evaluates and identifies client and prospect residential mortgage loan needs and structures loans within bank guidelines and to meet client's specific needs. 3. Interacts with other partners and loan applicants, requesting information to ensure that loan applications are complete. 4. Analyzes applicant’s financial status, credit history, to determine acceptability and feasibility of granting the loan. 5. Establishes and maintains the contact and relationship with the client throughout the mortgage loan process. 6. Establishes and maintains the contact and relationship with the National Mortgage Center to ensure processing meets client’s expectations. 7. Assists the client with the mortgage approval process and arranges or attends the real estate closing. 8. Keeps abreast of competitive residential mortgage loan products. 9. Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established guidelines 10. Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/experts 11. Works effectively as a team member but also independently 12. Knowledgeable of the core aspects of the job 13. Working towards becoming proficient in all areas of the job 14. Runs and creates formal reports The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- 3+ years of mortgage lending or related credit experience and sales or servicing experience.
- System experience in Empower is highly preferred.
- Candidate’s preferred location at any existing NT office in TX (to serve clients living in the Central and Mountain time zones). Locations are Austin, Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth.
- Knowledge of residential mortgage loan policies and procedures, secondary market guidelines, a wide range of mortgage loan products, and Fair Housing and Residential Real Estate regulations, usually acquired by related work experience or course work related to industry, is required to evaluate client loan needs.
- Organizational skills are required to coordinate the mortgage approval process.
- Oral and written presentation skills are necessary to develop new loan business.
- Flexibility and adaptability are required.
- Incentive compensation will be limited per regulatory requirements. Must be SAFE Act eligible and maintain registration and be able to meet minimum regulatory requirements for the role, including but not limited to regulatory guidance for satisfactory criminal background screenings and credit report.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands. We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater. As of March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had: $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration $8.2 trillion in assets under custody $1.2 trillion in assets under management $122 billion in banking assets