Manager- Operations Excellence, Productivity & Process Improvement
1722 Routh Street, Suite 850
Dallas, Texas, 75201
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our growing Operations Excellence Practice! This individual will oversee and lead engagements for clients across a broad spectrum of industries including Healthcare & Life Sciences, Financial Services, Energy & Utilities, Consumer & Industrial Products, Retail and others. This role can be based in either Chicago, Dallas, Pittsburgh or New York.
Our Senior Manager are responsible for leading teams of consultants on engagements to help clients optimize operations through process improvement, creation of standardized operating procedures, developing performance expectations & KPIs for management and front-line associates, modeling resource requirements, train/coach front line management and the implementation of Lean concepts.
· Project Management – executing on time, within budget & scope, and to customer’s satisfaction
· Helping to define business needs and requirements and then translating into concrete project plans and detailed client proposals
· Mentoring and leading teams of consultants to be able to keep projects on time as well as performing the technical QA of work done by the team.
· Communicating and reporting project status to client executives including budget, risks, issues, etc.
· Quickly respond to client requests to mediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
· Assisting in business development through creation of work-plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments
· Opportunity Assessment – identifying and quantifying value-added process improvement opportunities
· Project Planning – determining scope, tasks, timelines, resources and identifying issues & risks
· Process Development – developing and improving business processes using Lean, Six Sigma and Industrial Engineering methodologies
· Technology Evaluation – assessing process impacts resulting from technological changes to business systems; identifying and evaluating technologies to enable and automate processes
· Project Documentation – authoring or quality control of project documents; business cases, project setup, updates, final reports
· Communication Management – understanding of change management methods to ensure successful implementation of process changes; maintaining strong two-way communications and relationships between WMP and its clients
· Minimum of 10 years of managing complex Process & Productivity projects and people
· Must have led a relevant consulting group or practice, such as Process Optimization/Automation
· 10+ years’ experience managing teams of technical and functional; as well as prior hands-on experience with offerings such as process optimization (Lean Six Sigma, Value Stream Analysis), process automation (RPA), work design, or capability development/organization alignment.
· Proven leader with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach staff with timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
· Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
· Experience farming new business from existing clients and managing client relationships
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience
· Strong business development and an active professional network of contacts in the local market
· Membership and visibility in relevant professional organizations
· Industry expertise in Financial Services and Manufacturing & Distribution is ideal but not required
· Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; and in-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and software development life cycles
· Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives
· Bachelor’s degree
· Ability to travel up to 70%+
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.