Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manager, Infrastructure Operations is responsible for managing a team of IT professional with concentration on the implementation and operations of the IT Command Center, alignment of best practices of operations that support the applications and business processes across entities, and oversee the IT Disaster Recovery functions.
- Manages day-to-day operations of IT Command Center ensuring IT meets availability and reliability requirements.
- Works with multiple stakeholders to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions to operations challenges.
- Analyzes infrastructure support needs, evaluate technical solutions, and apply industry best practices to provide responsive and effective solutions that align with customer goals and mission.
- Operates, monitors, maintains, and supports physical facilities capacity and systems to include rack space utilization, heating and cooling of air and water, cabling, power supply, generators, UPS systems, fire warning/suppression, and continuous monitoring.
- Leads incident response to facilities and infrastructure outages and downtime, notifying government and contractor staff, managing performance issues, and minimizing recovery time in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Manages Operations service providers overall performance, driving business review activities and improvements.
- Monitors physical inventory levels and virtual capacity; recommend purchases of equipment and supplies as needed to meet operational requirements and maintain agreed upon standby levels.
- Establishes and drives supplier SLA achievement in detection, protection, and restoration, communicating on incidents for IT scope.
- Evaluates existing operating protocols, policies, and procedures; recommend changes and maintenance plans for optimization and quality improvements.
- Establishes guidelines to monitor systems performance and ensure service stability; tracks progress and report on status of systems operations as well as infrastructure capacity, integrity, and availability.
- Raises risks, issues, and exceptions; devise clear mitigation strategies; follow-through to resolution.
- Develops, implements, communicates, and enforces IT policies, procedures, and process improvements.
- Researches emerging trends and new technologies to identify potential improvements; develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Oversee IT Disaster Recovery functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander-s policies and applicable laws.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: in Finance, Business, Information Management/Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 5-9 years Successful experience in building Technology Infrastructure and Operational environments.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, and prioritization skills balancing multiple demands in a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate complex concepts - in speaking and writing -with team members and all levels of technical and nontechnical customer stakeholders
- Ability to create diagrams, policies, procedures, presentations, etc., as needed for day-to-day management as well as read blueprints/schematics, etc. as needed for planning/issue remediation
- Experience managing vendors, installation teams, removal teams, and property requirements
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, and follow-through; commitment to continuous improvement and the elimination of performance variability
- Ability to think analytically and independently, providing the thought leadership necessary to introduce incremental and evolutionary change
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements with a flexible and creative approach to brainstorming, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Well-rounded and advanced knowledge and skills across networks, servers, databases, cloud services, security, and other related disciplines
- Knowledge of systems architectures and information security practices
- Ability to work under high pressure situations calmly
- Strong and efficient problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Simple. Personal. Fair.