Your road to success
starts here. #TheSantanderEffect #WeAllDeserveRespect
Manager, Data Stewardship Req ID: ovSRcfwa Date posted 06/17/2020
The Manager Data Stewardship maintains and monitors data and databases to meet the company's current and projected future needs. Reviews and ensures the quality, accuracy and security of data in accordance with established procedures and standards. Monitors database activity and the relationships between the database users and applications to ensure appropriate data usage and resolve data conflicts. Collaborates with technology/infrastructure staff to identify data relationships and functional requirements.
Job Function: Data Quality
Designs and monitors control systems which ensure the integrity and security of data and for advising on the optimal use of the organization's computing resources. Assesses the completeness, accuracy, validity and efficiency of information processing, business and application systems, reviews the operations, systems software, systems development and security of the organization's computing environment, and recommends appropriate software and hardware acquisitions.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manager, Data Stewardship ensures high-level of accuracy in data quality by setting the day-to-day operational objectives, reporting metrics, and data quality control processes for the Data Stewardship team.
- Manages access and provisioning by defining access permission plan, monitoring distribution of data from the domain, approving data provisioning to authorized users, supporting data users of data in domain.
- Manages new data initiatives and related projects by defining high-level business case, providing requirements, tracking and prioritizing data projects within domain.
- Leads and participates in various meetings with internal customers at all levels of management.
- Defines goal metrics and builds forecasts that enable setting operational targets and success tracking.
- Builds new metrics and reports that enable designated business unit(s) to measure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Trains junior members to enhance data analytics knowledge, skills, and best practices.
- Ensures policies and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports, customers, and stakeholders.
- Provides day-to-day work direction for team, focused on maintaining steady workflow, resource allocation, and productivity.
- Ensures all applications are maintained and data is updated as needed.
- Ensures high-level of accuracy in data quality by setting the day-to-day operational objectives, reporting metrics, and data quality control processes for the Data Stewardship team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Economics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent quantitative field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- Skills & Abilities -
- Practical understanding of data governance concepts and best practices.
- Practical knowledge of current events impacting the Financial Services Industry and implications on data management/data governance.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects, and tactics within one area.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of the organizational structure, including senior level management.
- Ability to direct, train and guide peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution with other groups to ensure appropriate accounting guidance is followed.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to details and can analyze information quickly.
- Must be able well organized and a self-starter.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy -
Share this job
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Work in Dallas
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the “” poster and supplement and the
to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact