Asset Manager (Multifamily) Location: Dallas
Job Code: 338
# of Openings: 1
real estate team has completed over $9.6 billion of gross real estate transactions since 2013. NexPoints investment team has a combined 70 years of investment experience with some of the worlds most sophisticated institutions and investors and has invested in the following real estate asset classes:
- Single family rental
NexPoint currently manages a suite of publicly traded REITs, private REITs, and other funds. We anticipate continuous fast growth in the real estate platform and are looking for intelligent, motivated and hardworking candidates that want to be part of an exciting, fast paced team of real estate professionals.
NexPoint Real Estate Advisors is looking for a Multifamily Asset Manager that will be responsible for the daily oversight and implementation of asset management strategies across of subset of NexPoints multifamily portfolio. These properties are held both within our publicly traded value-add Multifamily REIT, NexPoint Residential Trust, Inc (NYSE:NXRT), as well as other private placement vehicles and other structures. The current NexPoint multifamily portfolio consists of 28,449 residential units across 79 communities in 14 states.
- Develop and execute detailed asset management program implementation plans.
- Evaluates properties operational performance against financial objections and works with Management to address variances. Executes capital investment strategies to maximize value and operational cash flow performance.
- Monitor adoption and compliance.
- Monitor physical condition of property collateral by reviewing or conducting property inspections.
- Collect, review and analyze property financial operations by the specified due date. Identify underperforming and potentially troubled assets, and escalate through the proper channels to assure that performance issues are appropriately addressed.
- Analyze market trends and competitor performance. Develop and maintain benchmarking capabilities against both internal and external sources.
- Conduct competitor property and submarket analysis, including shopping the competition.
- Identify and implement operational best practices.
- Innovate new processes that help drive operational performance.
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting as needed. Perform operational data mining and analysis.
- Communicate with Vice Presidents, Revenue Managers, Community and Regional Managers regarding pricing changes, capital investment strategies.
- Prepare agendas and facilitate internal/external meetings.
- Be proficient and knowledgeable on all software programs used in the operational processes at the communities and coach community employees to effectively use the systems and tools.
- Conduct troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Create and report on property performance for Management.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Required Travel <25%
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- 4+ years Multifamily industry experience (Acquisitions, Asset Management, Brokerage, Operations)
- Strong Accounting and Finance knowledge
- Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
Other Benefits: Are you a returning applicant?
NexPoint offers a competitive base salary and discretionary bonus based on performance. NexPoint has industry-leading benefits including: health insurance plan with no premiums or deductibles, health club membership and daily catered lunch. NexPoints talented professionals share a passion for excellence, commitment to team work, and pride based on the firms track record in the alternative investment industry. NexPoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Previous Applicants: Email: Password:
If you do not remember your password .