Manager- Private Equity Valuations
As a market leader in the provision of illiquid portfolio pricing valuation services, our Portfolio Equity professionals assist clients in the post-trade valuation of alternative investments, specifically for debt and equity positions for which there are no "active market" quotations available.
The Private Equity Valuations - Delivery Team Lead will manage a small team of analysts to deliver a range of valuation services specifically to the alternative investment community including private equity and hedge funds, banks, institutional investors and fund administrators, in connection with provision of post-trade valuations for their alternative investment positions. Duties & accountabilities
Education & experience
- Performing valuations on a wide range of illiquid investments across industries and geographies while using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Managing and training a team of 2-3 analysts to prepare valuations, and reviewing their work before final delivery to clients
- Reporting and presenting analysis and conclusions including written reports, and handling valuation queries from clients
- Leading the design and enhancement of the financial models used to perform valuations
- Working with management to build and maintain client relationships
- Qualified accountant or CFA charterholder
- Solid experience of constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: DCF, comparable company / bond, and other intangible asset models
- Experience of managing delivery of valuations and provision of responses to price challenges
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- In-depth knowledge of several industry sectors, e.g. Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals, Energy, Healthcare Providers & Services, or Software & IT Services
- Experience of building and maintaining client relationships
- Experience in mentoring staff and / or managing a team of analysts to deliver valuations
- Ability to coordinate internal teams and tasks across a variety of functions
- Exceptional energy, drive and stamina
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations
- Strong influential skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player comfortable working at all levels of the business
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.