Lead Senior Linux Administrator
Requisition #: 46079
Practice Area: Business Support Services
Location: Atlanta, GA; St Louis, MO; Dallas, TX
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Lead Senior Linux Administrator to join our Digital Nexus technology organization.
- Perform administration, maintenance, configuration, and ongoing support of server infrastructure hosting Enterprise Applications
- Resolve complex enterprise system hardware and software problems; collaborate with peer teams and vendors to coordinate solutions
- Recommend actions for fine tuning and capacity planning of existing systems
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Interface with business clients and technology staff to implement solutions that meet business needs and addresses impact of new or revised applications on existing infrastructure, including the installation and testing of new enterprise system software and hardware releases
- Work directly with users to prioritize requests and frequently update users to make certain that they are informed of progress and estimated delivery timeframe; effectively coordinate support escalation communication and participate in the development and maintenance of appropriate project technical documentation including design, configuration, and installation including off hours and weekend support
- Minimum of three years of senior level systems administrator experience, preferably large Enterprise Level Data Centers
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Linux/Unix server administration and security issue remediation - LAN/WAN and related TCP/IP protocols is required
- Prior knowledge with RedHat 7 and Solaris 10/11 administration, volume management software (LVM, VxVM, and ZFS), Solaris Zones, UNIX & Linux patch management, ability to automate common tasks via shell scripting (Korn/Bash/Perl) is preferred
- Experience in data encryption technologies is preferred (PGP, PKI, SSL) and experience supporting LINUX in an IaaS
- U.S. Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.