Lead Cloud Engineer Dallas, TX/en-US/careers/job/Dallas-TX/Lead-Cloud-Engineer_REQ-1631/apply
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and a key player within the US Financial markets. As the company moves further along its journey into a Cloud-based infrastructure environment and leveraging of modern Infrastructure as Code practices, we are looking for engineers seeking highly complex and challenging work that will have true ripple effects across an industry.
As a Lead Cloud Engineer, you will perform a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a large, complex virtualization and cloud-based computing environment. In addition, you will provide technical guidance to the team and, when called upon, serve as a technical liaison between internal departments.
This will involve utilizing best practices for the management, architecture, configuration, DR, administration, and automation of the enterprise server virtualization environment with cloud technologies. These activities will drive the creation of new infrastructure and environments, which will be critical to growth and adoption of broad cloud/automation goals across the business.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new technologies, keeps current with trends in the Cloud and Infrastructure space, while always searching for ways to improve our systems as technology evolves, with a steady eye towards the extensive regulatory/compliance demands on our company (e.g. CIS, NIST, etc).
- Serve as team lead by providing technical guidance to other team members for the design, implementation and support of new cloud and automation technologies, as well as updates and maintenance of existing cloud and automation systems
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud and virtualization end-to-end architecture and IaaS, as well as PaaS and SaaS solutions such as AWS RedShift.
- Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures.
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kafka and container management systems.
- Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex cloud computing environment
- Design, configure, implement and support an automated workflow for cloud and virtual environment provisioning
- Implement production changes during defined maintenance windows and support on call rotation
- Serve as a point of escalation within the team for production support issues
- Perform cloud computing and virtual environment build-outs, software installation, maintenance and support
- Write and maintain documentation of relevant operating procedures and processes.
- Design, develop, and build the businesss cloud infrastructure architecture.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good consultative, communication, team player and analytical skills are a must, as you will be regularly interacting between various teams which are distributed across the US.
- Good technical team leadership skills and relevant experience leading highly technical teams through adopting new technologies while also maintaining highly available, mission critical systems
- Working knowledge of infrastructure design and components, such as servers, operating systems, networks, and storage
- Hands-on experience with: Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, Github, OpenShift, and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24x7 availability
- Experience working in an environment with a defined production change control process
- Relevant experience with configuration and implementation of IaaS, Infrastructure as code, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Demonstrated history of working within deadlines and ability to work well under pressure
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 7 or more years experience in IT systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of virtualized servers / cloud systems
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification or higher strongly desired; Relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud are a plus
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about , please click .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted TodayFull timeREQ-1631
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as a Derivatives Clearing Organization. Named 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year - The Americas by FOW Magazine and 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year by Global Investor/ISF Magazine, OCC now provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 20 exchanges and trading platforms for options, financial futures, security futures, and securities lending transactions. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.